Finding The Best Plastic Surgeon in NZ for You
- Are you currently looking for Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery?
- Do you know the difference between a plastic surgeon and a cosmetic doctor?
- How do you know you’re making the right choice of surgeon?
We highly advise you don’t go overseas or ‘price shop’ for something so important, long-lasting and highly visible as your cosmetic plastic surgery. Find out how to take steps to avoid a botched surgery disaster and do your homework first. Do your research and look for the BEST Plastic Surgeons in New Zealand.
We’ve already identified some of the BEST Plastic Surgeons to help narrow your search….
So Who Are the Best Plastic Surgeons In New Zealand?
Who Are the Best Breast Surgeons In Auckland, New Zealand?
Here are six Specialist Plastic Surgeons that focus on Breast Surgery
- Dr Janek Januszkiewicz
- Dr Julian Lofts
- Dr Mark Gittos
- Dr Stephen Mills
- Dr Steve Benson
- Dr Meredith Simcock
Who are the Best Facelift & Nose Surgeons In Auckland, New Zealand?
Here are three Specialist Plastic Surgeons that focus on Face & Nose Surgery
- Dr Glenn Bartlett – Rhino
- Dr Mark Gittos- Facelift/ Upper Lower Blepharoplasties/ Rhino
- Dr Mike Klaassen- Face And Neck Lift
Who are some of the BEST Plastic Surgeons in Australia?
If your family is already located in Australia, you may be looking at cosmetic surgery back in Australia. Here are some surgeons to consider…
- Dr Craig Rubinstein – Melbourne (Breast/Tummy)
- Dr Brian Mendelson – Melb (Face)
- Dr Richard Sackelariou – Sydney/Melb (Face/Nose)
- Dr Robert Drielsma – Sydney (Breast)
- Dr Mark Giannoutsos – Sydney
- Dr David Caminer – Sydney
- Dr Michael Miroshnik – Sydney (Breast)
- Dr Kourosh Tavakoli – Sydney (Breast)
Who are some of the Best Plastic Surgeons in the World?
- Dr Professor Jim Frame UK
- Dr Manu Sood UK
- Dr Raj Ragoowansi UK
- Dr John Tebbetts
- Dr Patrick Maxwell
- Dr Eric Arnaud
- Dr Grant Stevens USA
Here are SIX great tips to help you find the right Plastic Surgeon for your surgery
1. MAKE A LIST OF TOP PLASTIC SURGEONS IN NEW ZEALAND
- In selecting your surgeon, your first challenge is to develop a LIST of top candidates.
- Not all medical practitioners performing cosmetic surgery are plastic surgeons or even practitioners with formal surgery qualifications.
- So where do you start?
2. ASK YOUR FRIENDS WHAT PLASTIC SURGEON THEY RECOMMEND FOR COSMETIC SURGERY PROCEDURES
- Many patients have been referred to us via ‘word of mouth’ from our satisfied patients.
- We often see our patients for continuing treatment and further procedures which is a testament to our standards of care and our visible results.
3. ASK YOUR LOCAL DOCTOR OR REPUTABLE PRIVATE HOSPITAL WHO THEY RECOMMEND (BUT STILL DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK)
- Your local Doctor and Hospitals can refer you to a specialist or certified plastic surgeon for your procedure.
4. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SURGEON’S CREDENTIALS BEFORE AGREEING TO SURGERY
- Before making any decision, you must check a surgeon’s qualifications, experience and credentials.
- Credentials can’t guarantee a positive outcome but they may significantly reduce your risk if you’re choosing between a non-credentialed, less experienced surgeon and a bonafide Plastic Surgeon.
This Chart shows the difference in training and education of a Plastic Surgeon (versus an undertrained Cosmetic Doctor or so-called “Cosmetic Surgeon” in Australia)
5. ARRANGE AN INITIAL CONSULTATION TO LEARN ABOUT WHAT’S POSSIBLE FOR YOU – FIND A SURGEON WHO MAKES YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE
- In your consultation, you need to be reassured, your questions need to be appropriately answered and your decision should be easily made whether it is to go ahead with the treatment or not.
- Tell your potential surgeon your desired outcomes. Know what you want to achieve from your surgery and communicate this clearly with your surgeon. Your surgeon can discuss with you what is realistic in your individual case.
- Ask your potential surgeon about the risks. No surgery is risk-free so you need to feel comfortable that your questions have been appropriately answered and any risks outlined. Avoid any surgeon that does not pay enough attention to risks.
- At your consultation, you should ask all the questions necessary and your surgeon should answer all the questions you need. Most importantly, your surgeon should not rush you into a decision.
6. MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION AFTER RESEARCHING YOUR PROCEDURE AND READING THROUGH PLASTIC SURGERY GUIDES
- Now you have all the information you need you once you understand the differences, you should be able to make an informed decision on choosing a Plastic Surgeon.
- These plastic surgery guides contain important informationyou should be aware of before booking in for cosmetic surgery.
Find the plastic surgeon that you respect, trust and really feel comfortable with.
About Our Top Breast Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast Augmentation, Transaxillary Breast Implants, Breast Augmentation and Lift and also Removal and Replacement of Implants. Having performed over 4000 Breast Enlargements this is his signature surgery.
About Our Top Breast Plastic Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS(Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast Surgery having performed over 4000 Breast Surgeries.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($200-$300)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise a phone call with Patient Care Advisor (FREE)
- Organise an Online or Skype call consultation with a Surgeon
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.