Male Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery for Men in New Zealand
Male Facelifts, male Breast Reduction for Gynecomastia, Male Rhinoplasty, Abdominoplasty and other cosmetic procedures for Men.
Male Cosmetic surgery is becoming increasingly popular as men want to look more confident, youthful and attractive.
Cosmetic Surgery or Plastic Surgery for Men is easier now, especially with rapid-recovery packages to aid healing and minimise scars.
Surgery is an option that can help you to get the nose shape, jawline contours, chin enhancements, eyelid lift or body contours and flatter chest or stomach that you’ve been wanting.
In earlier times, men underwent surgical procedures such as otoplasty and rhinoplasty, but more and more men today are undergoing surgeries aimed at rejuvenation and shaping the contours of the body.
Like women, men are prone to unwanted marks on the body caused by lifestyle, diet, stress, external factors, and of course aging. In the U.S. alone, men underwent over 1.3 million cosmetic procedures on their bodies last year.
Plastic surgeries for men include all surgeries that aim to improve the appearance, but also the functions of certain parts of the male body.
More men than ever before are finding solutions to common appearance concerns through plastic cosmetic surgery for men.
The most common procedures include:
- Facial rejuvenation (Facelift surgery for men or Necklift for men)
- Male Tummy Tuck or Male Abdominoplasty
- Double Chin Injections Treatment – using Kybella to reduce the excess chin fat
- Male Eyelid reduction surgery (Eyelid Lift or Blepharoplasty, Canthoplasty, anti-wrinkle injections or other eye rejuvenation procedures)
- Body Contouring and Loose Skin Reduction after weight loss
- Male Nose Surgery – Septo/Rhinoplasty for men
- Man Boob Surgery – Gynecomastia
- Skin Resurfacing or Acne Scar Treatments
- Male Cheek or Chin Augmentation using Dermal Filler Injections
- Chin Strengthening Chin Implants or Jawline Enhancements
Are you considering appearance enhancement procedures or cosmetic surgery for men to improve your look?
- Do you want to reshape your body and get rid of ‘man boobs’ (Gynaecomastia)?
- Do you think it will help your appearance and attractiveness to enhance your facial contours, reduce puffy eyelids or under-eye bags and under-eye shadows, reduce wrinkles and lines or crows feet, fix a broken nose or refine a crooked, overly large or bumpy nose, and reduce age spots or unsightly moles?
If you are a male looking for cosmetic surgery by a team of Top Melbourne Professionals, our Plastic Surgeons for men can help.
For Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men, you’ve come to the right place. We help a lot of Melbourne and Berwick and Williamstown area men in Victoria to refine, improve and enhance their appearance – body, chest and face, eyes and nose.
Get the look you’ve been wanting from Dr Mark Gittos and his team in Auckland New Zealand.
Rejuvenation and cosmetic surgeries for men
More men are requesting aesthetic plastic surgery to enhance their appearances and reduce visible signs of ageing.
- Have years of sun exposure left you wrinkled?
- Do you want your skin to look smoother?
- Do you want to look as good on the outside as you feel inside?
- Has your face aged faster than your body?
- Do you have stubborn body fat or “man boobs”?
- Do you have excess skin folds after significant weight loss?
- Would you like to look as young as your partner or business colleagues?
Am I a Good Candidate for Male Plastic Surgery?
Candidates for male plastic surgery can be all those men who feel reduced self-confidence and dissatisfaction due to congenital or acquired physical defects.
It is important to note that not all “flaws” are an aesthetic or functional problem for all types of people. It may seem to someone that your nose is perfect, while you don’t like it and have been thinking about plastic surgery for years.
But psychological readiness alone, realistic expectations, and responsible behavior and approach to plastic surgery are not enough to call someone a good candidate for plastic surgery.
It is necessary to pass certain tests, mostly physical, in order to be declared ready for the procedure of male plastic surgery.
Special medical conditions, serious illnesses, certain medications can be obstacles for surgical procedures. In order to prevent the possibility of complications for your health, Dr. Gittos will require you to undergo certain health tests to ensure safety and reduce unwanted risks.
Benefits of Male Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Surgery for Men
Like any form of plastic surgery, men’s plastic surgery provides benefits to all those who feel dissatisfied with their appearance.
Dissatisfaction with appearance can cause a decrease in self-confidence and result in difficulties in progressing in professional and personal life.
The biggest benefit of Male Plastic Surgery is precisely the improvement of your psychological state by removing factors that negatively affect your appearance.
Men generally find it harder to opt for plastic surgery. Fear of the procedure itself, the reaction of friends, colleagues, and family, unnatural results are just some of the factors that probably bother you.
But after the consultation with Dr. Gittos, and extensive conversations about expectations and any doubts you may have, you will be encouraged to take the final step toward the look you dream of.
Patients feel a sudden increase in self-confidence, and thanks to the techniques and experience of Dr. Gittos, recovery, and the procedure itself are much simpler and less stressful than patients think.
Look as Great as Your Feel with Male Plastic Surgery
Men like yourself are realising they have ready options to surgically alter the features they were born with that they have never really liked or which changed through a sports injury or accident.
Key appearance concerns for men often include:
- enlarged male breasts (Gynaecomastia)
- genetic puffiness and bags under eyes
- deepening furrows on the forehead or around the mouth and lips
- a prominent, bulbous or crooked nose
- protruding ears
All of these appearance concerns also have a tendency to become more pronounced over time, with the additional effects of ageing.
Fortunately, there are many different procedures and combined surgery options that can give you the look you ‘lost’ or have always wanted.
Our Surgeons and their Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing team can help remove the appearance of wrinkles and droopy eyelids, as well as help, reshape and re-contour your body after significant weight loss, using a Tummy Tuck or Body Lift procedure.
Our Surgeons also regularly correct “male boobs” with a procedure for male breast reduction (this is known as Surgery for Gynaecomastia).
Is Your Appearance affecting your Career or Confidence?
Research shows that appearances do matter in a number of social, personal and career situations. A long-term lack of confidence about your appearance can really hold you back from living a full, rewarding life.
Our quality team of caring Specialist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons for Men in Melbourne and surrounding areas can provide you with a number of procedures (eyelids lift, nose job, chin augmentation, Otoplasty/ear pinning, Face Lift Surgery, Abdominoplasty, Male Breast Reduction Surgery) to help you FEEL and LOOK your best.
And if you simply want to reduce wrinkles with anti-ageing injections fight the effects of ageing on your skin? Our team can help.
If it’s merely the ageing of your skin that has you concerned, or you want to reduce sun spots and discolouration, then our Skin team can help.
Dr Gittos offers some of the best-recognised brand names of cosmetic injections including Botox and dermal fillers to accentuate your cheeks, jaw or chin – reshape your nose with a non-surgical rhinoplasty (suitable patients only), or reduce crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles and fine lines on your face.
Gravity, Sports, Sun Exposure, Injuries, Weight gain and Natural Ageing can leave you Looking older than you feel
If you are wanting to change a disproportionate or misshaped nose, remedy a recessed jawline (chin), reduce protruding breast tissue (‘man boobs’) – or reduce wrinkles and lines around your eyes, mouth or forehead — our elite team can help you to get a pleasingly natural-looking result.
Most Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures in Auckland
Facial Rejuvenation For Men
- Male patients find it just as difficult to cope with the signs of aging on their face as women. Facial Plastic Surgery for men and procedures like Facelift and Necklift, can restore your youthful look and achieve a fresher and more relaxed appearance.
Eyelid reduction surgery
- One of the most popular plastic surgery procedures for men is eyelid surgery. This operation achieves a more youthful appearance, and can also solve the problem of vision problems caused by sagging skin.
Body Contouring and Loose Skin Reduction
- Body reshaping surgeries for men have been among the more popular plastic surgeries in recent years. These procedures for men achieve an improvement in body contours, especially in patients who have undergone major weight loss, and want to get rid of excess skin and fat deposits.
Man Boob Surgery – Gynecomastia
- Gynecomastia is a phenomenon that can have a variety of causes and is manifested by sagging breasts in men resulting in a more feminized appearance of the chest. Dr. Gittos will remove excess skin and fat and thus achieve a more masculine look of your chest.
- The jaw in men is a feature of masculinity. A weak and weakly pronounced jaw is a problem that many men face. Thanks to advances in surgery and implant technology, it is possible to achieve a more pronounced and balanced appearance of the jaw.
Recovery From Male Plastic Surgery
Recovery from plastic surgery intended for men is individual and is influenced by many factors.
It is most important to mention that each plastic surgery procedure requires a different recovery. The intensity of recovery and its duration depends on your innate ability to recover, the extent of the procedure, but also the knowledge, techniques, and methods of the surgeon.
Thanks to the expertise and knowledge of Dr. Gittos and his team, patients experience a shorter recovery time with less pain and discomfort. For this reason that Dr. Gittos is recognized as the Top Plastic Surgeon in Auckland.
Most invasive plastic procedures for men cause a certain degree of pain and discomfort. But with proper medication and following the instructions of Dr. Gittos and his professional team, the pain and discomfort are very easily manageable.
Dr. Gittos will track your progress through all stages of recovery. Follow-up appointments are designed to monitor your healing process and ensure lasting and desired results.
For more information on recovery, you can visit the recovery page to help you get your Male Plastic Surgery recovery going as smoothly as possible.
How Much Is Male Plastic Surgery?
The most common question for male plastic surgery is the price and whether the procedure is covered by Medicare.
Most cases in which patients opt for plastic surgery for aesthetic reasons are not covered by ACC or insurance. But if the aesthetic problem is also a functional problem, ACC might cover your procedure.
It is important to understand that all procedures are individualized to achieve ideal results for each patient. For this reason, it is impossible to determine a median price that would be valid for all patients without holding a consultation.
During the consultation, Dr. Gittos will talk to you about your wishes, possibilities, and expectations that you have from plastic surgery for men. Also, during the consultation, you will receive a specified cost statement for your operation.
If you need more information, visit our pricing page to learn more about payment, approximate prices, payment methods, and more.
Complications And Risks of Male Plastic Surgery
Certain risks and complications are possible with all invasive surgeries.
If you follow the recovery instructions provided by Dr. Gittos, the chances are very small that you will experience side effects that could affect your recovery and results.
- However, the most common complications could include:
- Loss of sensation in the chest area
- Risk of poor reaction to anesthesia
Techniques, precision, and experience of Dr. Gittos reduce the chance of visible scars and traces of surgery. Your results will seem natural, and you will be satisfied with your results!
FAQs About Male Plastic Surgery
What are the most popular plastic surgery procedures for men?
- The most popular procedures for male plastic surgery are nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, liposuction, gynecomastia surgery, and hair transplantation.
What are the most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedures that men opt for?
- The most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedures that men opt for are dermal fillers, laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels.
Do the results of plastic surgery in men seem unnatural?
- Dr. Gittos always strives to find a balanced solution with patients that will give them the desired look while maintaining a natural character.
Medical References About Male Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Is On The Rise — Here’s Why | AEDITION
- Plastic Surgery For Men: Everything You Need To Know
- More men undergo plastic surgery as the daddy-do-over trend
- Common Types of Plastic Surgery for Men – Verywell Health
- A men’s guide to plastic surgery
- Five Things Men Need to Know About Plastic Surgery
Seven of the most popular cosmetic plastic surgery procedures for men in New Zealand include
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynaecomastia)
- Loose and Excess Skin Reduction after Weight Loss or Bariatric Surgery
- Eye Lift for saggy or puffy eyes – Blepharoplasty
- Face Lift or Neck Lift for an ageing face
- Rhinoplasty or Septoplasty (Nose Reshaping) for your nose
- Chin Augmentation for a more masculine look
- Scar Revision Surgeries
Why Choose Dr. Gittos?
Dr. Gittos is the leading plastic surgeon in Auckland. Thanks to many years of experience that places him at the very top of the top plastic surgeons in Auckland, Dr. Gittos is the best choice for male plastic surgery.
Dr. Gittos is a trained surgeon with extensive experience that can significantly reduce recovery time and intensity.
The decision-making process for plastic surgery is complex and often stressful. Top Plastic Surgeon for Male Surgery Dr. Gittos will guide you through all the stages of your journey through plastic surgery, without unnecessary stress and fear.
If you are looking for a plastic surgeon, a specialist in male plastic surgery, Dr. Gittos is the right choice for you.