Ear Correction Surgery – Otoplasty Auckland by Dr Mark Gittos Plastic Surgeon
Having prominent ears can make you self-conscious and lacking in confidence. People often feel that their ears are too large, and unfolded ear cartilage tends to make the ear stick out. Sometimes it’s the ear lobes themselves – they can be oversized and quite floppy. These problems are all readily resolved with sculpturing and buried stitches.
If you have a split your ear lobe, or have stretched your ear piercing this may corrected by a complex local flap using plastic surgical techniques.
Ear Correction / Ear Pinning Surgery procedure
With ear correction surgery, our patients are often children, and so we use a general anaesthetic to optimise their experience.
With adult patients, a local anaesthetic can be used. Afterwards, a small headband type bandage is worn for a few days, and all stitching is of the dissolving type. There is very little discomfort associated with these procedures.
Recovery after Ear Correction
In the six weeks following your operation, it’s a good idea to wear a protective headband at night, to prevent the ear folding over during sleep. The same applies to children playing or adult sports.
Incisions are discreetly placed behind the ear and normally settle down without problems although occasionally keloid scars have been noted.
Meet Our Top NZ Surgeon for Ear Surgery – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS(Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast & Body Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries. With world-wide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($260+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.