Dr Gittos calls for FAIR access to Breast Reduction Surgery in Auckland
Breast Reduction is NOT just a cosmetic procedure – it’s a beneficial CORRECTIVE reconstructive procedure to relieve women from the pain and physical and social discomforts of having very large, pendulous breasts that cause neck pain, shoulder pain, bra strap dig ins and postural back pain symptoms due to heavy breast volume.
“Patients have not been getting fair access to breast reduction surgery based on the year that they are referred, the region in which they live nor their conditions” so says a study published in the New Zealand Medical Journal.
Breast reduction surgery can significantly improve the quality of a woman’s life and brings many benefits, such as mobility, confidence and better relationships. It can eliminate bad back problems and neck pain as well as open up new avenues in life, such as exercise.
The study said: “Future demand for health services will result in a greater number of patients going without surgical treatment. The challenge for the sector is to ensure that patients are treated fairly, irrespective of their particular condition.”
Learn more about Breast Reduction
Recovery and Operation Time (Breast Reduction)
Find out about Surgery and RECOVERY after Breast Reduction by Dr Mark Gittos, a world-renowned Breast Surgeon and FRACS Specialist Plastic Surgeon with expertise and skill in attaining a natural shape after reducing the size of large breasts and misshapen nipples. Asymmetry corrections can also be accomplished through Reduction Mammoplasty techniques.
About Our Top Breast Plastic Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS(Plast)
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($200-$300)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise a phone call with Patient Care Advisor (FREE)
- Organise an Online or Skype call consultation with a Surgeon
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.