Hand Surgery Auckland by Plastic Surgeon
Broadly speaking Plastic Surgical Hand surgery may be considered in two groups: acute – emergency surgery or elective – arranged surgery.
Acute Hand Surgery: includes the repair of soft tissue wounds, burn management, abscess drainage, foreign body removal, fracture management, tendon-nerve-blood vessel repair. Typically done in Emergency Departments at Public Hospitals.
Elective Hand Surgery constitutes the bulk of our hand surgery activity and commonly includes
- Carpal Tunnel Decompression
- Dupuytrens Contracture Release
- Trigger Finger
- De Quervains Tendon Sheath Release,
- Tendon Grafting
- Ligament Repair
- Finger Joint Stabilisation – Fusion Replacement,
- Tumour or Ganglion Removal
We have developed a wealth of knowledge, experience and skill in the complex field of hand surgery.
Working closely with hand therapists and other professionals, our aims are clear: to restore function and wherever possible, to enhance appearance as well.
About Our Top Auckland Plastic Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries. With world-wide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
NEXT STEPS for Hand Surgery
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($200-$300)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise a phone call with Patient Care Advisor (FREE)
- Organise an Online or Skype call consultation with a Surgeon
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.