Benefits of a Tummy Tuck – TEN ways that Abdominoplasty surgery can change and improve your life
Want to know the many Tummy Tuck Benefits and whether it’s really worth it? – A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a procedure that removes excess skin and fat to produce a slimmer and more toned midsection. A ‘full tummy tuck’ also surgically tightens the abdominal muscles. This procedure is very popular amongst women after pregnancy or anyone after weight loss. A Tummy Tuck has a lot of benefits to offer.
Here are the TEN Tummy Tuck Benefits
1. You’ll Look Better Physically – especially in lingerie or a swimsuit
A major motivation for a tummy tuck is the improvements to your appearance. Tummy tucks can remove many ugly stretch marks, unsightly sagging skin, and stubborn excess fat, which can significantly improve your abdominal contours and body shape.
2. Your Clothes and Gym gear will fit better and flatter you
A tummy tuck can significantly improve how clothing fits so that it lies in more flattering positions on the body. You’ll be able to look great in the latest fashions and can avoid wearing baggy and daggy oversized clothing.
3. You’ll have Improved levels of Self Confidence and Self-Esteem
Because of the physical improvements from a tummy tuck, many patients develop an improved sense of confidence and self-esteem. Your new look body can help you be more positive, more energetic and feel more attractive,
4. You’ll have better Core Strength and a Sculpted Stomach
After major weight fluctuations or pregnancy, your stomach muscles can become weak, distended, or detached. Flaccid stomach muscles don’t respond to diet or exercise and require additional help. The tummy tuck surgically tightens your stretched-out muscles to improve abdominal tone and core strength.
Having tummy tuck surgery can improve body shape in more areas than just the abdomen. Tightening the abdomen also tightens the mons pubis – no more fat upper pubic area or FUPA. The surgery can also enhance the appearance of your breasts and buttocks. Additional Liposuction can also help sculpt other areas of your body.
5. You’ll have improved Posture and Stand Straighter
When your abdominal muscles are tightened, your core becomes stronger. Tightened abdominal muscles provide better support for your spine, which allows you to sit and stand up straighter.
The removal of excess skin and fat also prevents the weight of your tummy from pulling you forward, thereby improving your posture.
6. You’ll suffer less Back Pain
As a tummy tuck tightens the core muscles and removes excess abdominal skin and fat, it allows the spine to align straight without pressure pulling it forward. Reduced forward pressure, straighter spine alignment, and increased core muscle strength can lead to a decrease in back pain. (See medical references below)
7. You’ll be able to Exercise more easily
Having excess abdominal fat and sagging skin can inhibit range of motion and weigh you down, making exercise difficult. With these removed and your core muscles tightened, many exercises become easier and more enjoyable.
8. You’ll be motivated to Keep Weight Off
Research has revealed that bariatric patients who have surgery to remove excess skin are more likely to keep the weight off afterward. The removal of abdominal fat also increases satiety by reducing the levels of appetite-affecting hormones. The tummy tuck effectively reduces hunger, helps facilitate exercise, and provides more motivation to stay on course. Patients who maintain a healthy lifestyle after their tummy tuck can expect to enjoy their new shape for a very long time.
9. You may benefit from Better Bladder Control (reduced incontinence)
If you experience urinary incontinence (the urgent need to pee) you may have improved bladder control after a tummy tuck. This is due to better core muscle strength. (see medical references below)
10. You’ll also have Reduced Health Risks
Many longer-term health problems arise from excess fat and skin in the abdominal area. These problems include everything from diabetes and fungal infections to heart disease, liver disease, heart attacks, and more. Excess fat and skin put pressure on the internal organs, inhibiting healthy function, and feeding them toxins.
Tummy tuck benefits also include improving your overall health and lowering the risk of any future medical problems.
SIX DIFFERENT TYPES OF TUMMY TUCKS AVAILABLE
- Full Tummy Tuck – removes an overhang of skin and repairs abdominal muscles – typically after pregnancy (The most popular Abdominoplasty)
- Mini Tummy Tuck – removes a pouch of skin usually after pregnancy or weight loss – When a ‘Skin Only’ Repair is needed.
- Extended Tummy Tuck – removes a large overhang of excess skin with an incision from hip to hip or beyond – usually for significant weight loss patients
- 360 Belt Lipectomy – the incision is made right around the abdomen and removes a large tyre of excess skin and fat – use for massive weight loss patients
- Fleur De Lis (FDL) or Vertical Tummy Tuck – the incision is made around the abdomen like a belt lipectomy with an additional vertical incision in the front to remove even more excess skin in massive weight loss patients
- Reverse Tummy Tuck or Reverse Abdominoplasty is where the incision is made under the breasts and excess skin is pulled upwards. Quite rarely performed but has been done typically in conjunction with a breast reduction or lift with acceptable results. The right patient selection is critical.
Is it Really Worth It?
On Realself, the Online Patients Forum, nearly 4,000 patients have rated this surgery and 96% of them said it was “Worth It” – they obviously enjoy the Tummy Tuck Benefits.
Medical References for Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Benefits that help reduce Pain & Incontinence
More than just a cosmetic procedure — ‘tummy tuck’ reduces back pain and incontinence
For more information about Tummy Tuck Procedure – Visit Dr Mark Gittos’ Abdominoplasty procedure page.
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation with Specialist Plastic Surgeon and Tummy Tuck expert Dr Mark Gittos
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee (Virtual $200 or In-person $300)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
How to request more information about the procedure and discuss Tummy Tuck Benefits – call or contact us
- Organise a phone call with Patient Care Advisor (FREE)
- Book an Online or Skype call consultation with our Surgeon
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
Send an enquiry form today or phone 09 529 5352 during Clinic Hours