Body Surgery by Dr Gittos in Auckland NZ
Dr Mark Gittos and his top Body Surgery team offers a whole range of proven and precise treatments to help you achieve the body shape and personal confidence you require.
Dr Mark Gittos offers the following body procedures to improve your shape and confidence
- Tummy Tuck Surgery / Abdominoplasty
- Liposuction and Body Contouring
- Mummy Makeover
- Excess Skin Removal (post Weight Loss)
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Extended Tummy Tuck
- Fleur De Lis Abdo
- Arm Lift
- Thigh Lift
- Male Chest Reduction
What is Body Surgery?
Aesthetic body surgeries include surgical procedures that significantly alter and improve the appearance of the body. Body surgeries include treatments that alternate parts of the body affected by weight gain and overweight, sudden or continuous weight loss, but also special medical conditions such as pregnancy, or excess skin caused by any of these conditions. Cosmetic surgery can change your life in a way that allows you to feel better in your own body.
Each procedure on your body is individualized for each patient. Also, the procedure itself can be more or less extensive, which will be determined by the specialist surgeon during the consultation.
It is important to mention that operations on certain parts of the body, such as the breast, do not belong to this group of operations, although they are anatomically in a group that could be called the body. But since such body parts already have a large number of surgeries that can be performed, they form separate categories in plastic surgery.
Am I a Good Candidate for Body Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is technically demanding but can give excellent results when carefully selected procedures are performed on the right candidates.
For this very reason, it is important that in collaboration with your specialist surgeon, you determine if you are the right candidate for a particular surgical procedure on your body.
There are many factors that influence the decision of a specialist surgeon whether you are a good candidate for body surgery, or perhaps a non-invasive procedure is a better solution for you. Medical conditions, taking certain medications, medical history, and general health are just some of the factors that will influence a surgeon’s decision.
But there are certain qualifications that every patient must meet in order to be able to undergo body plastic surgery. These are:
- Be in Good overall health and do NOT smoke for as long as possible before or after the surgery
- Having realistic expectations about the benefits of surgery
- Not suffering from medical conditions as diabetes, high blood pressure, bleeding disorder, heart disease, or depression.
- Other medical conditions that can impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
What Are The Benefits Of Body Surgery?
Body Surgery patients feel better, more satisfied after the surgery, and experience an increase in self-confidence.
Regardless of whether the benefits of surgery represent an aesthetic or functional improvement for you, most patients feel better and more confident about exercising and active life after opting for body surgery.
It is for this reason that it is important to emphasize the psychological factor, which is the greatest benefit experienced by most patients.
What Are The Most Popular Body Surgery Procedures?
Aesthetic body procedures are one of the most sought after in the world of plastic surgery. Life rhythm, age, stress, and habits greatly affect the appearance of our body, and no one is immune to these factors.
Precisely for this reason, surgical procedures such as Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, and Labiaplasty are among the most popular in the world and occupy high positions in the TOP 10 surgical procedures each year.
For example, last year alone, nearly 270,000 patients opted for liposuction, an increase of 3% over the previous year, making this surgery the second most sought after in the world, just behind breast surgery.
Aesthetic procedures on the body include
- Abdominoplasty or a Tummy Tuck is a procedure that treats very relaxed skin and muscles in the abdomen area, mainly after a large increase or loss of body weight. The goal of the operation is to reduce the fatty tissue on the abdomen and form an aesthetically acceptable appearance – a flatter and tighter abdominal wall.
- In the case of large weight loss, surgically or naturally, patients develop excess loose skin folds causing infections and general dissatisfaction. A set of surgical procedures called Body LIft Surgery can restore a firmer, more sculpted body contour.
- If you have accumulations of fat tissue that you cannot get rid of either through diet or exercise, then the best solution is liposuction, which will immediately give your body a more beautiful shape. Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries that does not solve the problem of overweight, but surgically removes the accumulation of adipose tissue in places where it is not possible to achieve in any other way, and the result is a change in the contour of the body.
- Mommy makeover is a comprehensive term that refers to a combination of aesthetic body contouring procedures, which are performed to neutralize and minimize the physical changes that occur in pregnancy. Mummy makeover refers to a common group of surgical procedures, in the field of plastic cosmetic surgery, that many mothers look for after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Excess skin in the upper arm area cannot be solved with exercise or various cosmetic treatments. The procedure that very effectively removes excess skin and fat from the upper arms is called Brachioplasty or popularly called Arm Lift.
- A Thigh Lift is a surgical procedure that reduces the size of the thighs and removes loose skin typically after weight loss surgery or significant weight change.
- Labiaplasty or labia correction is a surgical procedure to reduce or reshape the labia minora in terms of achieving the previous appearance, which was altered by the influence of age, pregnancy, and other factors.
Recovery After Body Surgery
Body surgeries often involve several different individual surgical procedures combined into a single procedure. Some patients will undergo lighter and simpler procedures to achieve the desired appearance, while others will undergo more extensive surgery. For this reason, it is impossible to estimate the time and severity of recovery for all patients. Each body is different, and as such determines a different recovery.
Most importantly, following the surgeon’s instructions can greatly determine recovery as successful, quick, and painless. Following these instructions will help you get back to your daily life and activities as soon as possible.
Also, if Dr Gittos schedules a follow-up appointment, it is important that you attend it so that your surgeon can monitor your results and ensure a quick and stable recovery. For more information on Body Surgery Recovery, you can visit our page with instructions and guidelines to help you get your recovery going as smoothly as possible.
How Much is Body Surgery – Prices and Costs?
Some cosmetic Body Surgery procedures might fall under Medicare-covered procedures. As a rule, all procedures that have only an aesthetic character are not covered by health insurance, while those that impair the functionality of your body and life are mostly covered. It is important to consult with your provider to find out which procedures fall into the group of those funded by health insurance funds.
You can visit our pricing page to learn more about payment, approximate prices, payment methods, and more.
Further Reading – Medical References
- Body Contouring | ASPS USA
- ASPS USA – About body lifts
- Cosmetic Procedures | American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- RealSelf – Body Procedures\
What Are The Risks Of Body Surgery?
Every surgery comes with certain risks and complications. Some procedures come with more potential risks than others, so side effects are possible and conditioned by the extent of the procedure, the patient’s health condition, age, but also the skill of your specialist surgeon. Inexperienced surgeons who are not specialists in the field of surgery can greatly influence the outcome and results.
Like any invasive procedure, the most common possible risks and complications are:
- Implant rupture
- Loss of sensation in the chest area
- Risk of poor reaction to anesthesia
For more information about the risks of surgery visit the resources page
Body Surgery FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Can you change your body shape with plastic surgery?
- Yes, thanks to various surgical treatments, it is possible to shape your body the way you want. Of course, there are certain assumptions that the patient must meet in order to achieve the desired result, but you can learn more about this in consultation with a plastic surgeon.
What is Full Body plastic surgery?
- Full Body Plastic Surgery would be a set of surgical processes, of wide extensiveness, by which the surgeon would change the appearance of your body to multiple areas in one process.
How to find a Body Contouring Surgeon in New Zealand
It is important to research your Surgeon’s qualifications and experience before deciding on your Surgeon. Make sure you feel comfortable with your surgeon. As a general rule it is better to avoid the cheap option when seeking surgery. Look at your surgeon’s results and online reviews to find out how they look after their patients and what their patient says about them.
Why Choose Dr Mark Gittos Plastic Surgeon?
Not all Surgeons have the same experience or intensive training and testing qualifications. Be sure you learn the differences between a Plastic Surgeon, a General Surgeon, Cosmetic Surgeon or other types of Surgeon.
Choosing a Specialist Plastic Surgeon means you are choosing an accredited recognised plastic surgeon that performs surgery in an accredited hospital. Dr Mark Gittos is a highly experienced, fully qualified specialist plastic surgeon with current FRACS memberships
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Remuera, Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With world-wide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Remuera, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee ($295+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.