COVID Clinic Update – September 2020 & Dr Gittos Online Virtual Consultation Available
Our clinic remains OPEN for URGENT surgery and for a virtual consultation about upcoming elective and cosmetic surgery.
We are only able to see patients IN PERSON for the following:
- urgent skin cancer treatment
- soft tissue trauma/ infections
- hand injuries
- medically necessary follow-ups
STRICT PPE and Patient Covid Protocols will be in place.
Clinic Safety Protocols
YOU MUST WEAR A MASK IN PUBLIC AND IN THE PRACTICE AT ALL TIMES.
- Monitor your health, be aware of any signs that you may not be well such as a cough, sore throat and/or fever.
- If you begin feeling unwell seek medical attention immediately.
- If you are showing signs of illness you will most likely need to self-quarantine until you are no longer showing any signs of illness.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitisers regularly.
While the above may seem obvious, we ask everyone to take care of themselves.
Avoid situations that put you in contact with large groups of people. Keep hydrated, eat well, get plenty of rest, and continue to practice good general hygiene habits.
Virtual Consultation for Elective and Cosmetic Surgery
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to change the way we interact with you. As an existing or new patient, we have chosen to offer virtual consultations for you.
Wanting to have plastic surgery for any reason is a big decision. You need to be well-informed about your surgical options so our team can work closely with you through each step of the process, from pre-op to your final follow-up visit. Dr Mark Gittos is committed to helping you with your surgical journey, starting with your first enquiry with our clinic. That is why we are now offering patients a Virtual Consultation.
Plastic surgery is a personal and life-changing step, with many aspects to consider. We aim to provide you with all the information you need to make informed, educated decisions.
Virtual Consultation FAQ’s
How Much Does A Consultation Cost?
$260 (incl GST). This covers the following:
- a pre-consult call with a Patient Liaison Team member
- a virtual consultation with a Dr Mark Gittos Specialist Plastic Surgeon
- Followed by a face to face consult when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted in our practice
What Do I Use On My Phone Or Laptop To Do The Virtual Consult?
- Dr Gittos is using Zoom for virtual video consultations or a normal phone call if you prefer.
- You will be contacted and sent a Zoom meeting link
How Long Does A Virtual Consultation Last?
- Our consultations will range from 30-60 minutes in length depending on the procedure/s you are wanting to discuss.
Do I Need A Referral?
- You do not need a referral for an online virtual consultation.
Do I Still Need To See Dr Gittos In Person?
- Yes. Dr Gittos will see all of the ‘Virtual’ consulted patients for an ‘In-Person’ consultation to provide a physical examination and measurements along with sizing (if applicable) and clinical photos. Once restrictions are lifted we will be contacting all patients to arrange these appointments.
When Are The Online Consultations Available?
- Dr Gittos has set days and time slots for the consultations from Monday to Friday. When you speak with our team they will advise which days are available to you.
When Can I Have Surgery?
- Only urgent surgery is allowed during COVID lockdown stages.
- Once restrictions on elective surgery are lifted and hospitals advise their individual restrictions – we will begin operating again for less urgent cosmetic surgery cases.
A Guide To Taking Photos Before Your Consultation
- Please send us your photos of areas of concern before the virtual consultation
- Take multiple photos of your body area from different angles. From the Front, both sides and 45 degrees. A static camera is preferable as that doesn’t move around.
- If you’re using a mobile device we suggest you mount or prop your device so that it is stable and captures you in full view or use a computer with a camera if you can. Ask a friend to help.
Tips For Online Virtual Consultations
Here are some Tips on how to get the most out of your online consultation
- Research your procedure and obtain information so you’re ready for your consult
- Make a list of questions so at the end of your consult you can ask anything that wasn’t covered
- Ensure you have a good internet connection.
- Making an online consultation appointment
- For more information about having a virtual consultation, or to learn more about consulting in this way, please contact the clinic.
About Our Top Auckland Plastic Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries. With world-wide expertise, Dr Gittos is an expert in plastic and cosmetic surgery for both men & women. He is also an expert at Skin and Hand Surgery, performing minor surgeries in his rooms.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($260+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.