Dr Gittos offers Online Virtual Consultations
Virtual Consultation for Elective and Cosmetic Surgery
As an existing or new patien, you can have a virtual consultation with Dr Gittos.
Wanting to have plastic surgery for any reason is a big decision. You need to be well-informed about your surgical options so our team can work closely with you through each step of the process, from pre-op to your final follow-up visit.
Dr Mark Gittos is committed to helping you with your surgical journey, starting with your first enquiry with our clinic. That is why we are now offering patients an Online or Virtual Consultation.
Plastic surgery is a personal and life-changing step, with many aspects to consider. We aim to provide you with all the information you need to make informed, educated decisions.
How to get the most from Your Virtual Consultation
Tips For Online Virtual Consultations
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your online consultation
- Research your procedure and obtain information so you’re ready for your consult
- Make a list of questions so at the end of your consult you can ask anything that wasn’t covered
- Ensure you have a good internet connection.
- Making an online consultation appointment
- For more information about having a virtual consultation, or to learn more about consulting in this way, please contact the clinic.
Take and Send Your Photos in before the Virtual Consultation
- Please send us your photos of areas of concern before the virtual consultation
- Take multiple photos of your body area from different angles. From the Front, both sides and 45 degrees. A static camera is preferable as that doesn’t move around.
- If you’re using a mobile device we suggest you mount or prop your device so that it is stable and captures you in full view or use a computer with a camera if you can. Ask a friend to help.
DOWNLOAD the Guide To Taking Photos Before Your Consultation
Virtual Consultation FAQ’s
How Much Does A Consultation Cost?
$325 (incl GST). This covers the following:
- a pre-consult call with a Patient Liaison Team member
- a virtual consultation with a Dr Mark Gittos Specialist Plastic Surgeon
- Followed by a face to face consult if required
What Do I Use On My Phone Or Laptop To Do The Virtual Consult?
- Dr Gittos is using Zoom for virtual video consultations or can use a normal phone call if you prefer.
- You will be contacted and sent a Zoom meeting link
How Long Does A Virtual Consultation Last?
- Our consultations will range from 30-60 minutes in length depending on the procedure/s you are wanting to discuss.
Do I Need A Referral?
- You do not need a medical referral for an online virtual consultation.
Do I Still Need To See Dr Gittos In Person?
- Yes. Dr Gittos will see all of the ‘Virtual’ consulted patients for an ‘In-Person’ consultation to provide a physical examination and measurements along with sizing (if applicable) and clinical photos.
When Are The Online Consultations Available?
- Dr Gittos has set days and time slots for the consultations from Monday to Friday. When you speak with our team they will advise which days are available to you.
When Can I Have Elective & Cosmetic Surgery?
- Whenever Elective Surgery relaxes restrictions and is permitted by NZ Government
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Herne Bay Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Herne Bay, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With worldwide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Please NOTE: Dr Gittos only performs surgery on non-smoker patients with a BMI less than 30. To check your BMI please visit the NZ Heart Foundation website. For help giving up smoking before surgery visit the Smoke Free website
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download and read the FREE Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress for examination
- Bring your medical referral and any relevant medical documents or test results
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee – $350 incl GST
Traveling for Surgery? – Consider post-surgery luxury recovery in a Hotel with LuxeCare
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.