Nose Surgery by Dr Mark Gittos Plastic Surgeon in Auckland NZ
What is Nose Surgery?
Nose Surgery may help if your nose is hooked, curved, bulbous, large, flattened, or overly wide. You nose is probably your most prominent facial feature that distracts the eye from other details.
A beautiful, proportional nose contributes to facial harmony. If for any reason your nose is too dominant, the harmony of the face is disturbed and our attention is directed from the eyes to the nose.
Also, an irregular nose or internal nasal structures can cause respiratory problems, so often cosmetic operations to improve the appearance of the nose are combined with functional procedures.
All the many procedures we offer as Nose Surgery have either a functional, reconstructive, cosmetic or aesthetic role. Nose surgeries can reduce, enlarge, change shape, widen or narrow the nose, and at the same time improve the easier airflow and thus improve quality of life.
Knowledge of different methods and their use, given the specifics of each individual’s problems, leads to good nasal functionality, ensuring normal breathing, the harmonious appearance of the whole face, and the satisfaction of the operated patient.
Nose Surgery is one of the most difficult and challenging surgeries, always choose a top nose surgeon to reduce your chances of needing multiple nose revision surgeries after a botched nose job. The best time to get your nose surgery right is the first time.
Am I a Good Candidate for Nose Surgery?
The most common reasons for nose correction are a stuffy nose or a crooked nose, which are the result of an injury or a congenital condition. A wide tip of the nose, a thickened tip, and a lowered tip are the most common corrections on the tip itself. In addition, corrections to the shape of the nostrils and nasal wings are pretty common.
Obstructions within the nasal structure can cause respiratory problems and disturbances, which has negative consequences on the patient’s quality of life, and often on health in general. A good nasal function is a prerequisite for active sports, fitness, or any active lifestyle led by most young people.
Aesthetic nose surgeries come into consideration only after the end of puberty when the nose no longer changes and grows. Exceptionally, whether the patient can be a younger person will be decided by your specialist surgeon.
Like all surgical procedures, the best sin-nasal and cosmetic surgery is one that is individually created for each patient. We all have a different nasal structure, so it is necessary to perform detailed examinations and consultations in order for your specialist surgeon to find the best solution for you and your problem.
But there are certain conditions that must be met in order to be a good candidate for Nose Surgery.
Patients in better general health recover better from surgery, but within reason, health problems do not impact on the results or risks of Sino-Nasal and Rhinoplasty surgery.
- Smoking – is best avoided for 2 weeks before and after surgery, and if you can stop it – do yourself a favour and stay off them.
- Asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiac disease, depression/anxiety and clotting/bleeding disorders need to be stabilized by your physician prior to surgery.
- Unrealistic expectations need to be addressed by your surgeon, and in some cases a Psychologist is beneficial to help with Body Dysmorphic Syndrome
Benefits Of Nose Surgery
The benefits of nose surgery can be aesthetic, functional, or both. An asymmetrical nose can cause reduced self-confidence, which results in dissatisfaction in the patient, and often leads to behavioral disorders and depression. On the other hand, removing obstacles that cause bad airflow and thus negatively affect our daily lives, provides real relief for all those experiencing them. Snoring and Sinus problems can be improved.
A beautiful nose is considered to be one that is in harmony with the eyes, facial contours, and other facial elements. Most people feel safer and happier after nose surgery, while family and friends are most often thrilled with the results.
As for the functional benefits of nose surgery, they are multiple. Nasal obstructions often cause sleep problems, snoring, and result in side effects such as bleeding, crusting, headaches, decreased concentration, and fatigue. Thanks to nose surgery, all these problems can become a thing of the past.
Modern nose surgery techniques allow top Nasal surgeons to solve both problems at once in one surgical process, which ultimately costs less and requires a shorter overall recovery.
The sophisticated skills of our renewed surgeons allow you to create a more elegant natural-looking nose, which is in line with the rest of your face.
Most Popular Nose Surgery Procedures
Nose shaping, or nose surgery, is the third most popular plastic surgery in the world. It is highly sought after among women, making it the fourth most sought after procedure, while it is much more sought after among men and ranks first on the list of plastic surgery procedures.
There are many techniques and types of nose surgery. They are all different and have different goals, so it is necessary to go through a detailed consultation with our top nose plastic surgeons to choose the right option for your needs.
Some of the most popular Nose Surgeries are:
- Rhinoplasty is the most common and extensive of the procedures used to change the shape, size, or width of the nose. Like other aesthetic procedures, rhinoplasty can be combined with other procedures, which makes it one of the most popular procedures in plastic surgery.
Tip Only Rhinoplasty
- Tip Only Rhinoplasty is a slightly less invasive surgical procedure that shapes and changes the tip of the nose. This technique is used for all those who are mostly happy with the look of their nose and would like to change only one part that seems out of harmony to them.
- What is rhinoplasty for aesthetic appearance, septoplasty is for the functional task of the nose. Septoplasty removes obstructions inside of the nasal septum that complicates the airflow and breathing. It is often combined with rhinoplasty and other aesthetic procedures.
- As the name suggests, septorhinoplasty is a combined surgical procedure consisting of rhinoplasty and septoplasty. It is often performed on patients to reduce the recovery time that would be required if both procedures were taken individually. The goal of this surgery is to eliminate the functional problems of the nose and at the same time improve the aesthetic appearance.
- A rhinoplasty revision is undertaken if the first rhinoplasty did not result in the desired manner. The reason may be dissatisfaction with the results or a newly acquired breathing problem.
- Some facial features are more common among some ethnicities than others. Asian rhinoplasty is a complex type of rhinoplasty whose technique most often shapes the noses of people of Asian ethnicity.
Alarplasty – Nostril Reduction
- Alarplasty is a surgical process that changes the shape and size of the nostrils. It can be a separate surgical treatment or performed in combination with another aesthetic or functional nose operation.
Recovery After Nose Surgery
Recovery after Nose Surgery is completely individual and mostly depends on the surgical method and the problem that it solves.
Some procedures require less and some more time to recover. The recovery itself is generally not painful nor too uncomfortable. By following the instructions of our top surgeons, you can greatly facilitate your recovery and shorten the time you have to spend on home care. Each recovery is individual and determined by the patient’s age, general health condition, but also the experience of your specialist surgeon and the extent of the surgical procedure.
Following Dr Gittos’ instructions can greatly determine recovery as successful, quick, and painless. Following these instructions will help you get back to your daily life and activities as soon as possible.
Also, if your specialist surgeon schedules a follow up appointment, it is important that you attend it so that your surgeon can monitor your results and ensure a quick and stable recovery.
For more information on Nose Surgery Recovery, you can visit our page with instructions and guidelines to help you get your recovery going as smoothly as possible.
How Much is Nose Surgery? Prices and Costs
Prices largely depend on the type of plastic surgery, the extent of the procedure, and the patient himself. It is impossible to set a fixed price before going through a thorough consultation with your renewed specialist surgeon and expressing your wishes and expectations.
Most cosmetic Nose surgery procedures do not fall under Medicare-covered procedures. As a rule, all procedures that have only an aesthetic character are not covered by Private Health Insurance, while those that impair the functionality of your body and breathing are covered. It is important to consult with your surgeon to find out how much of the cost of your procedure falls into the group of those funded by Medicare and Health insurance funds.
This is especially important if your breathing is affected by an obstruction that can be removed by one of the Nose Surgery techniques.
You can visit our pricing page to learn more about payment, approximate prices, payment methods, and more.
Further Reading – Medical References
- The Different Types Of Nasal Surgeries: Which One Is Right
- Rhinoplasty Surgery (Nose Job): Purpose, Procedure, Risks
- Types of Nasal Surgery | Stanford Health Care
Complications and Risks of Nose Surgery
Every surgery comes with certain risks and complications. Some procedures come with more potential risks than others, so side effects are possible and conditioned by the extent of the procedure, the patient’s health condition, age, but also the skill of your specialist surgeon.
Inexperienced surgeons who are not specialists in the field of surgery can greatly influence the outcome and results. Remember that nose surgery is one of the most demanding surgeries in Cosmetic surgery, and as such requires the most experienced and best surgeons.
Nose surgery is a complex surgical process, and as such requires special attention during recovery. The nose is very fragile after the operation and everything needs to be done to protect it from external influences and speed up recovery.
Following recovery instructions greatly reduces the risk of complications and increases the success of the results.
It is important that you ask your specialist surgeon anything you are interested in about the possible side effects that come with the nose surgery. An experienced and professional specialist surgeon will understand all your fears and the questions that arise from them, and will always provide you with the answer you are looking for.
Like any invasive procedure, the most common possible risks and complications are:
- Loss of feeling on the tip of your nose, sense of smell
- Unsightly or Keloid Scars
- Risk of poor reaction to anaesthesia
Visit our page for more detailed information about risks and complications of surgery
Best Blogs About Nose Surgery
- ETHNIC NOSE JOB – FEATURES OF NON-CAUCASIAN NOSES
- 6 COMMON NOSE SHAPE CONCERNS THAT RHINOPLASTY CAN RESOLVE
FAQ About Nose Surgery
Is nose surgery painful?
- The nose usually does not hurt after surgery. If mild postoperative pain occurs, analgesics are usually used in the initial postoperative period.
How long does it take to heal a nose surgery?
- Nose surgery is a complex procedure and it takes a little longer to fully recover than with other cosmetic procedures. But a return to daily activities, work, exercise and normal functioning is generally possible in two weeks. Please note that recovery is different for any procedure.
Finding the Best Nose Surgeon in Auckland
For many men & women in New Zealand suffering from a mismateched, broken or poorly functioning nose, having nose surgery can be a life-changing experience. There are many qualified nose surgery experts and plastic surgeons, but it is always best to find one who is experienced in a range of nose surgery procedures. Find an experienced surgeon who you feel comfortable with and have a look at their online reviews and patient testimonials to find out what their past patients say.
Dr Gittos has a current FRACS membership and significant nose and facial surgery experience. You should consider these factors when searching for a top Nose Surgeon in NZ.
Why Choose Dr Mark Gittos – Auckland Plastic Surgeon?
With a wealth of surgical experience and training, Dr Gittos is dedicated to best-practice patient care and education, customising Nose Surgery for each and every patient to best meet their needs and desired surgical outcomes.
Make an Appointment for a Face Consultation with Dr Gittos
If you would like to discuss facial rejuvenation, please call to make an appointment with Dr. Mark Gittos in Auckland, New Zealand. Dr. Mark is a plastic surgeon who is experienced in treating facial ageing. Come visit us to get a full assessment of your face and learn about your many treatment options.