Breast Surgery in Auckland New Zealand
Dr Mark Gittos Specialist Breast Plastic Surgeon and his top support team provide the highest standards of expertise and personal care for the full range of breast surgery procedures.
As a Specialist Breast Plastic Surgeon in Auckland he offers
- Breast Enlargement – Breast Augmentation or a ‘Boob Job’
- Fat Transfer to Breast
- Breast Reduction or ‘Boob Reduction’
- Breast Lift, Breast Uplift or Mastopexy
- Breast Lift with Implants
- Male Breast Reduction Surgery or Gynecomastia
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery – post Cancer or Revision Surgery
- Breast Implant Removal Surgery – enbloc Surgery
- Breast Implant Replacement or Implant Exchange Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Surgery
- Sentinel Node Biopsy – Lumpectomy
Download Dr Mark Gittos’ Guide to Cosmetic Breast Surgery
Am I a Good Candidate for a Breast Procedure?
All surgical procedures require certain conditions to be fulfilled in order to qualify as a good candidate for any type of surgery. The surgical procedure itself largely determines and sets the conditions that the patient must meet, but there are universal conditions that must be met in order for your specialist surgeon to decide that you are a good candidate.
Some of these conditions are:
- Being a Non-smoker
- Being in Good overall health
- Having realistic expectations
- Not suffering from medical conditions as diabetes, high blood pressure, bleeding disorder, heart disease, or depression.
- Other medical conditions that can impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
Benefits of Breast Surgery
The benefits, like the surgery itself, are personal and individual. Someone wants bigger breasts, someone smaller, someone recovers after a battle with breast cancer, and someone dreams of a more balanced appearance and even breasts. Regardless of whether the benefits of surgery represent an aesthetic or functional improvement for you, most patients feel better and more confident after opting for a breast procedure.
It is for this reason that it is important to emphasize the psychological factor, which is the greatest benefit experienced by most patients.
Cosmetic vs Corrective Breast Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery includes a variety of procedures to augment, reshape or re-position the breasts on the chest wall or torso.
- Corrective or restorative Surgery are similar procedures but of a more complex technique and variety, such as recreating breasts where they have been removed after an illness, lifting the breasts after severe ptosis (sagging), reducing breasts that are of a size and weight that causes skin conditions, chaffing, back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain, and adjusting the other parts of the body or face that a patient wants to alter or aesthetically balance in relation to other body or face proportions. Skin ptosis is also a key concern and Dr Gittos is an expert at reducing skin after weight loss, pregnancy, menopause or dermal tissue ageing.
Different types of Cosmetic Breast Surgery include:
- Breast Augmentation using Implants or Fat Grafting/Fat Transfer (by Lipo)
- Breast Implant Removal and Replacement (Explantation or Breast Implant Exchange)
- Breast Implant Removal and Reconstruction
- Breast Reconstruction after Mastectomy
- Breast Lift Surgery (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction and Uplift Surgery (Breast reduction and nipple uplift)
- Nipple Reshaping and Resizing
- Inverted Nipple Correction Surgery
- Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Dr Gittos is a world-renowned Plastic Surgeon who has contributed to surgical techniques for breast reconstruction after breast cancer and mastectomy surgery (removal of the breasts) due to cancer or other health concerns.
His expertise spans numerous breast procedures for both cosmetic purposes and corrective surgical outcomes such as breast reconstruction and breast augmentation after illness, breast uplift or breast reduction after pregnancy and breast-feeding, and various forms of natural-looking augmentation using breast implants.
Recovery after Breast Surgery
Recovery is as important as the procedure itself. Shorter and easier recovery largely determines the overall impression and experience of plastic surgery. Each recovery is individual and determined by the patient’s age, general health condition, but also the experience of your specialist surgeon and the extent of the surgical procedure.
As each plastic procedure is individual, so is the time and difficulty of recovery. But there are a few universal facts that apply to all plastic and aesthetic surgeries.
Most importantly, following the surgeon’s instructions can greatly determine recovery as successful, quick, and painless. Following these instructions will help you get back to your daily life and activities as soon as possible.
Also, if your specialist surgeon schedules a follow up appointment, it is important that you attend it so that your surgeon can monitor your results and ensure a quick and stable recovery.
Surgery can often be accompanied by pain and discomfort but thanks to over the counter medications, or the ones prescribed by your surgeon, pain and discomfort can be managed in most cases very easily.
For more information on Breast Surgery Recovery, you can visit our page with instructions and guidelines to help you get your recovery going as smoothly as possible.
How much is Breast Surgery? – Costs & Prices
Most cosmetic breast surgery procedures do not fall under Medicare-covered procedures. As a rule, all procedures that have only an aesthetic character are not covered by health insurance, while those that impair the functionality of your body and life are mostly covered. It is important to consult with your provider to find out which procedures fall into the group of those funded by health insurance funds.
You can visit our pricing page to learn more about breast surgery payment plans, approximate prices, payment methods, and more.
Further Reading – Medical References
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Herne Bay Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Herne Bay, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With worldwide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Please NOTE: Dr Gittos only performs surgery on non-smoker patients with a BMI less than 30. To check your BMI please visit the NZ Heart Foundation website. For help giving up smoking before surgery visit the Smoke Free website
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download and read the FREE Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress for examination
- Bring your medical referral and any relevant medical documents or test results
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee – $325 incl GST
Traveling for Surgery? – Consider post-surgery luxury recovery in a Hotel with LuxeCare
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.