What Happens at Your First Consultation with Dr Mark Gittos – Plastic Surgeon in Auckland NZ
A formal consultation with Dr Gittos is an essential first step before any surgical procedure can be organised. The first consultation can be done virtually (online consultation) or in-person at the clinic.
Do I need to bring a GP Referral?
- Your GP or doctor may have referred you to see Dr. Gittos.
- Please bring your referral if you have one along with any relevant X-rays or test results if you have them.
- A referral is however NOT necessary for a cosmetic surgery consultation with Dr. Gittos.
Who Should I Bring to the Consultation?
We strongly recommended you bring a supportive friend or relative along to your appointment to help you think about all the information and discuss your surgical options. If possible, leave the kids with a friend or family member.
During Your Consultation
At the consultation, Dr. Gittos will collect a thorough history of your medical health and background, including past health, medications, and operations. He will then get a clear understanding of what you are hoping to achieve and your expectations from surgery. Dr. Gittos will also undertake a detailed physical examination to assess your clinical situation and suitability for surgery.
Dr. Gittos will accurately explain your options for surgery and the process involved. You will be taken through a detailed explanation of the benefits as well as possible complications and risks of surgery. While this is not meant to scare or alarm you, it is essential and part of Dr. Gittos’ duty of care to you. Be very wary of any practitioner who has not outlined similar risks and complications of surgery.
What can I expect at my Initial Consultation with Dr Mark?
At your initial appointment with your surgeon you will typically:
- Spend quality time with your surgeon and nurse/patient coordinator
- Have your photos taken
- Have a physical examination by the surgeon
- See photos of past patient results
- Find out more about your recommended surgical options
- Receive detailed information about your surgery
- Go through the possible complications and risks of surgery
- Consider sizing options (for some procedures)
- Find out about surgery pricing and available dates
- Ask any other questions you may have
- Please allow up to 1.5 hours for your initial appointment
It is very important to establish a strong relationship with your surgeon prior to any surgery. You will spend time with both your surgeon and patient care coordinator/nurse at your first consultation appointment.
After Your Consultation
- Following your consult with Dr Gittos, you will feel that you have a good understanding of the procedure and its likely benefits and potential outcomes along with its possible risks.
- This will enable you to make an informed decision as to whether you would like to proceed with the surgery.
You’ll get a detailed Surgical Quote with Procedure Costs
- A detailed estimate of costs will be prepared for you following consultation and can usually be given to you on the day.
- This will cover the surgeons fee and estimates for the hospital/theatre and any other costs.
- For more information about Prices & Payment Methods – Visit the Prices and Payment page
Your Consultation Fee
The consultation fee for your appointment with Dr. Gittos is $295 incl GST for an online/virtual consultation or an in-person consultation.
The consultation fee is typically paid at the time of booking the appointment, by credit card.
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Remuera, Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With world-wide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Remuera, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($295+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.