Excess Skin Reduction Surgery after Weight loss & Post-Bariatric Surgery
Dr Mark Gittos sees an increasing number of people who have lost a large amount of weight through committed exercise and dietary changes or through Bariatric procedures such as Gastric Sleeve or Bypass or the fitting of a Gastric Band.
Such dramatic weight loss often results in loose, damaged or floppy skin, particularly once we reach our thirties and forties as the skin loses elasticity and the capacity to recover from extensive stretching.
Post Weight Loss Surgery Options
There are a range of plastic surgery procedures that combat the effects of weight loss in the most commonly affected areas, which include the face, upper arms, breasts, abdomen and thighs. Together these treatments are often known as body contouring surgery, but should only be considered once you have attained your ideal weight through non-surgical means, such as diet and exercise.
Facial Surgery for post Weight Loss Patients
- Once your goal weight is achieved the Face Lift operation is a very effective way to minimise loose neck skin, cheek jowls and deep folds of skin.
Arm & Thigh Surgery for post Weight Loss Patients
- The so called “bat wings” of loose arm skin are removed by the Inner Arm Reduction and the same problem of loose skin on the inner thigh is dealt with by the Inner Thigh Lift.
BodyLift Surgery for post Weight Loss Patients
- Loose tummy skin and sagging tummy muscles are treated by the Abdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck operation.
Additional Liposuction for post Weight Loss Patients
- You may choose to have these forms of surgical treatment in conjunction with liposuction, which removes unwanted body fat. You can find out more about liposuction by clicking on the link here. This will ensure the very best final result if you do then opt for surgery.
Meet Our Top NZ Surgeon for Body Surgery – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS(Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast & Body Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries. With world-wide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($260+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.