Patient Resources – Information and Useful Links about our Partners & Suppliers
- Downloadable GUIDES – Read the Breast Surgery Guide
- Your First Consultation
- Patient Journey
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Tell your partner about your Cosmetic Surgery procedure
Here are some useful patient resources and links to Suppliers and Medical Providers to help you on your patient journey with Dr Mark Gittos, Plastic Surgeon NZ
The following useful links can connect you to websites with more information
Hospitals used by Dr Gittos
- Southern Cross Hospitals
- Remuera Surgical Centre
- St Marks Surgical
- Plymouth – Skin Centre Taranaki
- Kensington Hospital Whangerei
- Tauranga clinic
Anaesthetists recommended by Dr Gittos
Imaging Services and Patient Tests recommended by Dr Gittos
Ultrasound, MRI & Mammogram Services –
Post-Surgery Garments and AfterCare recommend by Dr Gittos
Compression garments for Liposuction, Facelift, Gynecomastia and some Breast Surgery patients
NZ Health Insurance
- Southern Cross Health insurance
- nib health cover
- Partners Life Medical Cover
- AIA Health Insurance
- Accuro Health Insurance
Medical Finance – Easy Payment Plans for Your Surgery
For more information call Nova Medical Finance toll-free on: 0800 NOVAMED (668263)
Nova Medical Finance is New Zealand’s only specialist medical finance company and offers the flexibility of easy payment plans for your surgery. They offer some of the lowest personal loan rates available and understand the unique requirements of borrowing for medical purposes. Nova is run by doctors and other medical professionals. Because they are specialist medical financiers they also understand the need for discretion and sensitivity.
Cancer, Skin Cancer and Dermatology Information
- Cancer Society of NZ Inc – Information about Cancer and Support
- The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation – Information about Breast Cancer
- Dermnet – DermNet NZ provides authoritative information about skin diseases, conditions and treatment for patients and their health professionals.
- Melnet – MelNet is a network of professionals working together to reduce the incidence and impact of melanoma in New Zealand.
- Online Cancer Guide – A detailed resource providing information on various types of cancers such as prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, brain cancer, bone cancer, throat & blood cancer. Covers the causes of these cancers, symptoms, various treatment methods.
Breast Implants Information
- ICOBRA – The International Collaboration of Breast Device Registry Activities
- Motiva Breast Implants
- Mentor Breast implants – ALCL Mentor Implant Risks
- Allergan Breast Implants – distributed by Device Technologies
NZ Medical Information
- NZ Ministry of Health
- NZ Medical Association
- Medical Council of New Zealand – The Medical Council registers doctors in New Zealand and upholds standards
- List of Registered Doctors in NZ
- Statement on Cosmetic Procedures and Statement on Advertising
Surgeon Colleges and Plastic Surgeon Associations for more plastic surgery information
- RACS – Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- NZAPS – New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons
- ASAPS USA
- ASPS USA
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Remuera, Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With world-wide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Remuera, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($295+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.