Breast Augmentation Surgery – Breast Enlargement – Boob Job in Auckland New Zealand
- Want a more attractive chest and cleavage?
- Looking for Breast Implants?
- Need to find a Breast surgeon?
What is Breast Augmentation?
A Breast Augmentation Surgery, Breast Enlargement or Boob Job involves enhancement and sculting of the breasts through the use of implants or re-injection of your own fat. Breast Augmentation or a ‘boob job’ – is still one of the most popular procedures in cosmetic surgery. Auckland Plastic Surgeon Dr Mark Gittos specialises in Breast Enlargement surgery and has performed more than 4000 Breast surgeries – making him one of the TOP breast surgeons in New Zealand.
The Augmentation procedure often reshapes the breasts, improves cleavage and/or corrects uneven breasts. This procedure often appeals to women who have always had smaller breasts. It is also popular with patients who once had larger breasts but have lost volume and shape due to fluctuations in weight, pregnancy, breastfeeding or other factors.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Breast Augmentation?
Are you concerned with:
- Low-volume breasts or underdeveloped breasts (flat-looking chests)
- Mildly sagging breasts (mildly ptotic)
- Uneven breasts (asymmetric breasts)
- Puffy nipples or pointy-looking breasts (tuberous breasts)
- Low body fat/minimal glandular tissue
- Upper pole dimensions/lack of upper pole cleavage
- Post-mastectomy reconstruction
Then you may be a good candidate for Breast Augmentation. NOTE – This procedure cannot correct severely drooping breasts, which may require Breast Implants combined with a Breast Lift to appear fuller and lifted.
What are the benefits of Breast Augmentation (Enlargement)?
- Increase the volume and size of smaller breasts
- Improve the overall breast shape and nipple appearance
- Create appealing fullness and cleavage in your breast area
- Add volume fullness and firmness to breasts and cleavage
- Enhance ‘side-boob’ proportions
- Improve the look of asymmetrical breasts
Choosing the Best Breast Implant customised for you
Breast implants are prosthetic containers generally filled with either saline or silicone gel. Both have a silicone shell. Both are used for reconstructive surgery where a woman’s breast has been removed or for breast augmentation for cosmetic surgery.
Your surgeon will guide you in choosing the best implant and procedure for you. You will need to discuss these options with your surgeon to get the best possible results.
There are many aspects to consider when planning for Breast Augmentation Surgery, including:
- Implant Brand – Not all implant brands are equal in reputation and longevity. Dr Gittos has experience with most implants and now prefers to use Motiva implants.
- Implant Type – What material are they made of?
- Implant Shape – Round or anatomical (teardrop)?
- Implant Size and Profile – What will work best for you and your body in the long term?
- Placement of the Implant – In front or behind the muscle or dual-plane?
- Incision Location – Inframammary, periareolar or a transaxillary incision – ideal for Asian patients.
- You may also consider using some of your own Fat to enhance your breast result (Fat Grafting / Fat Transfer or Autologous Fat Graft)
Breast Augmentation Before and After Photo Gallery of Real Patients
You can see more ‘real patient’ Breast Implant Augmentation before and after surgery photographs, performed in Accredited Auckland Hospitals by our highly experienced Plastic Surgeon Mark Gittos when you attend the clinic.
How is a Breast Augmentation Performed?
- The procedure itself generally lasts for 2-4 hours, (this will vary from patient to patient) and is performed while you are under general anaesthesia.
- General Anaesthesia – Medications and General Anaesthesia are administered for your comfort during your surgical procedure.
- Surgical Incision – There are a number of surgery options and incision approaches to Breast Implant Surgery, including Inframammary, periareolar or transaxillary incisions.
- Closing the Incision – At the end of the operation, your incision is closed with dissolving stitches placed deep into the skin surface. This often means that no stitches will need to be removed following surgery, for most patients.
- The suture (incision) line is covered with a waterproof dressing and a soft crop top bra is fitted.
Complications and Risks of a Breast Augmentation
Breast Augmentation surgery incurs risks and complications like any invasive surgery. It is wise to choose a highly trained and experienced surgeon with extensive breast augmentation to reduce your surgery risks.
Your Plastic Surgeon will discuss all potential complications during a consultation. Like general anaesthesia, bleeding (Haematoma), infection, wound healing, deep vein thrombosis, scarring and numbness. Always stay educated, be healthy, do not smoke before or after your procedure and understand your risks.
Recovery after Breast Augmentation Surgery
The length of your recovery period will depend on your specific procedure and other health and lifestyle factors. Recovery times can vary significantly from person to person. The general rule, however, is that you should allow 4-6 weeks for initial recovery following your surgery. Scar maturation often takes longer.
You will need to work with your Surgeon to allow for adequate and proper healing time. It is important to consult with your Surgeon before returning to daily activities such as driving, lifting and exercise.
Support Garments after Breast Surgery
It is also important to wear the post-operative compression garments throughout your recovery period for the required time frames. Recommendations for your garments will be provided by your Surgeon. Good results depend on a collaborative approach and a healthy lifestyle. You will need to be willing to follow the specific instructions given to you by your Surgeon, and attend all post-operative appointments.
Maintaining Your Breast Implant Result long term
Every patient is unique and surgery results can vary from patient to patient. It is important to work collaboratively with your Surgeon and to keep your expectations realistic.
Please keep in mind that your results from Breast Enlargement Surgery may be impacted by fluctuations in your weight, skin health or Body Mass Index (BMI). Pregnancy and breastfeeding may also impact on your surgical results following your Breast Surgery.
To maximise the longevity of your Breast Surgery results, it is important to maintain a healthy, nutritious lifestyle.
Breast Augmentation Price in NZ – How much does a Boob Job Cost?
All Surgery is customised and your Surgeon will give you a cost for Breast Augmentation surgery depending on the type of procedure you are having, the hospital you attend and the length of your stay.
After your initial consultation, you will be given a detailed quote. This will include your Plastic Surgeon’s fee, Anaesthetist fee, Surgical Assistant fee (if req) and the hospital fees.
We also provide information on a breast augmentation payment plan plus other different ways to pay for Breast Implant surgery.
Why Choose Dr Mark Gittos – Auckland Plastic Surgeon?
With a wealth of experience and training, Dr Gittos is dedicated to best-practice patient care and education, customising Breast Enlargement Surgery for each and every patient to best meet their needs and desired surgical outcomes.
Who is the best Breast Augmentation Surgeon in Auckland?
For many women in New Zealand, having breast augmentation is a life-changing experience. There are many qualified plastic surgeons, but it is always best to find one who is experienced in breast augmentation procedures. Breast implants come in many different shapes and sizes, and there are various insertion techniques, so find a reputable practitioner who can give good advice on the right implants for you. Before considering breast implants, it is wise to find a surgeon who is also up to speed with new non-invasive techniques for boosting the breasts, so you can investigate all the options before deciding on permanent surgical implants.
Dr Gittos has a current FRACS membership and significant breast surgery experience. You should consider these factors when searching for the best Plastic Surgeon in Auckland. Always Look for an experienced surgeon that you feel comfortable with and get a second opinion.