Mini Facelift Surgery in Auckland New Zealand
A Mini Facelift is a smaller and less invasive facelift procedure that rejuvenates your face and improves any early signs of ageing – especially around the lower face. Dr Mark Gittos is a specialist plastic surgeon and facial rejuvenation expert in Auckland, NZ. There are many different types of facelifts and facial rejuvenation, but not all have the same focus – and not all types are suited for every face.
Download Dr Mark Gittos’ Guide to Facial Rejuvenation Surgery – Surgical and Non Surgical Anti-Aging
What is Mini Facelift?
If your skin has started to show the first signs of aging, face started losing its tone and contours, a less invasive Facelift might be the ideal solution for you.
The Mini Facelift is a surgical procedure that tightens the saggy and drooping skin and restores the lost chin line. This procedure achieves a youthful, smooth, and rested look.
A Mini Facelift is most often performed on younger and middle-aged patients who have excess skin in the middle and lower part of the face.
Am I a Good Candidate for Mini Facelift?
This Facial Rejuvenation procedure is more suitable for people who have less pronounced signs of aging, as well as for those who age prematurely.
Getting a Mini Facelift can restore a more youthful facial appearance, but also give you a huge confidence boost in the years to come.
Keep in mind that each person is unique and an individual approach is necessary to achieve the best results as not all patients will be candidates for all procedures.
You might be a good candidate for less invasive Facelift if:
- You are experiencing skin sagging on your face
- You face features visibly pronounced wrinkles
- Your overall health is good
- Non-smoker or a smoker willing to quit
- Women and men with early signs of facial aging and good skin elasticity
Benefits of Mini Facelift
The results are visible immediately after the surgery. As the swelling and bruising completely disappear, your results will be more and more noticeable.
The results are more prominent in the area of the middle and lower third of the face and around the edge of the jaw, where the lost chin line is emphasized again and a smoother transition of the face towards the neck is achieved.
Mini Facelift is a less invasive surgical procedure, and as such results in a range of benefits in patients’ physical appearance, but also emotional satisfaction.
Scarring is minimized which makes the recovery period easier and more comfortable.
Due to the less invasive surgical nature, Mini Facelift comes with fewer risks and complications than other, more invasive facial procedures.
Mini Facelift Before and After Photos
When you visit the clinic you can see real patient photos of Before and After Facelift Surgery of different types
These photographs representing typical results our patients get. Results depend on individual patient circumstances and can vary significantly.
Mini Facelift Surgical Procedure
Mini Facelift is based primarily on removing excess skin from the middle and lower third of the face as well as tightening and firming facial muscles.
The goal of Mini Facelift is to make the scar unnoticeable by lifting the skin and subcutaneous tissue as little as possible.
An incision is made above, in front, and behind the ear. Incisions are usually hardly visible or not visible at all, which mostly depends on the skills of the Specialist Surgeon, as well as the skin quality of the patient and extent of the surgery itself. The next step is to lift the skin from the subcutaneous tissue and tightening the deep layer of the face and muscles. After tightening the inner layer, the excess skin is removed and sutures are placed along the previously made incision.
Your Facial Rejuvenation Journey
- During the preoperative examination and consultation, your Specialist Surgeon will listen carefully to your wishes and, based on an expert assessment, evaluate what can be achieved in your case by choosing the most suitable surgical method.
- A Specialist Surgeon will perform an appropriate surgical method for your case. Mini Facelift is usually performed under local anesthesia and intravenous sedation, so you will feel no discomfort or pain during the procedure.
Post Op Recovery
- The results are noticeable almost immediately and get better with every single day as you heal.
- Dr Gittos will prescribe pain medication if needed and recovery instructions to optimize results.
- Following Dr Gittos’ instructions precisely and regularly attending follow-up appointments is crucial for your recovery.
Recovery After Mini Facelift
As the surgery itself, postoperative recovery after a Mini Facelift is individual as well. In most cases, the recovery takes about 1 to 2 weeks.
Mini Facelift is typically done as an outpatient surgical procedure that does not usually require overnight hospitalization.
Sutures are removed a week after the procedure, and as early as 10 days after surgery the patient is able to return to his normal daily activities.
Heavier physical activity should be avoided within the first month after surgery.
Mild swelling and bruising may occur in the first days of recovery, but will gradually fade during the first week. Cold compresses and pain medication can help to manage the pain, bruising, and swelling.
Complications and Risks
Like every other surgical procedure, Mini Facelift comes with certain risks and complications of which most are only temporary: Swelling, Bruising, Infection, Bleeding and Skin sensibility
It is important to follow all your surgeons instructions, in order to minimize the possibility of complications and speed up postoperative recovery.
Mini Facelift Surgery Cost – Fees & Prices in NZ
Every patient is different, therefore the prices vary. You will be given a price quote after your first consultation.
Your Mini Facelift Surgery quote will include your surgeon’s fee, anesthetist’s fee, perhaps a surgical assistant fee, and the hospital fees.
Further Reading – Medical References
- What is the Difference Between a Normal Facelift and a Mini Facelift
- Mini-Facelift – Procedure Overview, Cost, Recovery
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About A Mini Facelift
- Facelift: What to expect and possible complications
Is Mini Facelift cheaper than traditional Facelift?
- It depends on the extent of work that needs to be done on each patient.
Can a Facelift really be done during the lunch break or weekend?
- Unfortunately, there are some doctors and surgeons that call “lunch-break” or “weekend” Mini Facelifts. However, Mini Facelift is a complex surgical procedure that can not be done during your work lunch-break or fully recovered over a weekend. Before booking such a treatment, please make sure that you and the service provider are on the same page.
Which Facelift procedure should work better for me?
- It depends on each individual situation. Usually, a less invasive Facelift is a surgery performed on patients with minimal aging signs, while Full or SMAS Facelift techniques are more appropriate for patients with substantial unwanted features like loose and saggy skin in the mid face or heavy jowls.
Is it possible to combine Mini Facelift with other facial surgeries?
- Yes. However, you should contact Dr Gittos and book a consultation to find the best solution for your situation.
Are the results of Mini Facelift permanent?
- The results of a less invasive Facelift can last up to 8-10 years – but the natural aging process will continue and a further facelift may be required.
How bad is the scarring?
- Scarring from the Mini Facelift surgery is designed to be less visible from the scarring caused by traditional Facelift. Scars are typically hidden in skin folds near and around the ear.
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Herne Bay Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Herne Bay, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With worldwide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download and read the FREE Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress for examination
- Bring your medical referral and any relevant medical documents or test results
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee – $295+GST
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.