Plastic Surgery Prices and Costs around New Zealand
Fees and Prices for plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery vary considerably across New Zealand.
Download Dr Mark Gittos’ Ultimate Guide to Plastic Surgery Costs in New Zealand to find out the cost of surgery
How much does cosmetic & plastic surgery cost in New Zealand?
Average prices for cosmetic and reconstructive surgery vary depending on a range of factors
- Price of Plastic Surgery is dependent on the hours of surgery required, hospital fees, the fees of your chosen surgeon, assistant and anaesthetist plus cost of the breast implant (if req)
- Costs can vary for plastic surgery as every patient has slightly different anatomy considerations and varying surgery needs
- Different Surgeons and Doctors charge different fees based on their confidence, reputation, level of experience and skill.
- A personalised and customised QUOTE and price range for plastic is available after a confidential consultation
- Please call our patient coordinator to get a more accurate price range for your desired surgery
2021 Price Ranges for Plastic Surgery around New Zealand – Average Prices
Here is a rough estimate of what you can expect to pay for quality plastic surgery around New Zealand. These price estimates are based on website searches, phone research and patient enquiry data.
Prices are for surgical procedures performed by an experienced New Zealand Plastic Surgeon in an accredited day surgery centre or hospital. Prices for some minor surgeries performed as ‘In rooms’ procedures are usually cheaper than in hospital.
Anatomical Breast implants are more expensive than Round Breast Implants.
BREAST SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Breast Augmentation with Breast Implants Surgery $11k-17k
- Breast Reduction Surgery $15k-20k
- Breast Lift Surgery $13k-20k
- Breast Lift with Implants $20k-24k
- Remove Breast Implants $14k-17k
- Remove Implants with Breast Lift $18k-22k
- Remove Implants & Replace with Fat Transfer $18k-22k
- Remove & Replace Breast Implants $18k-22k
- Male Breast Reduction / Gynecomastia $11k-17k
- Breast Implant Revision Surgery $16k-20k
BODY SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Full Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) $15k-24k
- Arm lift Surgery for both arms $14k-18k
- Thigh Lift & Lipo $16k-20k
- Liposuction (dep on areas) $8k-20k
- Labiaplasty performed in a Hospital $7k-12k
- Mummy makeover – Breast & TT Surgery $20k-30k
- Extended TT $20k-25k
- Mini TT (skin only) $12k-16k
- Full Body lift Surgery $25k-$35k depending on which surgeries
FACIAL SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Upper Eyelid Lift / Blepharoplasty in a Hospital $7k-13k
- Lower Eyelid Lift / Blepharoplasty in a Hospital $7k-13k
- Browlift / Upper Forehead lift $8k-12k
- Chin Augmentation / implant $6k-10k
- Necklift Surgery $16k-20k
- SMAS Facelift & Necklift $16k-24k
- Mini Facelift (lower facelift) $12k-16k
- Otoplasty – Pinning 2 Ears in Hospital $9k-15k
NOSE SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Nose Surgery – Ranges from $9k-20k
HAND SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome $8-10k
- Dupuytren’s Disease Surgery $9-17k
- Ganglions & Tumours Surgery $7-9k
- Traumatic Hand Injuries $10k+
Why do Cosmetic Surgery Prices Differ around NZ, Australia and Overseas?
Major price differences for plastic cosmetic surgery procedures often reflect the type of Doctor or Surgeon who is performing the operation – including their skills, expertise level and qualifications.
While significant price differences may be confusing to cosmetic surgery patients at first, these differences typically indicate the surgery is either:
- NOT inclusive of everything needed – post-op care and longer-term aftercare
- NOT being performed by an expert specialist plastic surgeon
- Being performed using local anaesthetic methods in a backroom clinic, not a general anaesthetic in an accredited hospital or
- NOT using Motiva or Mentor quality breast implants – Using cheaper quality breast implants that may not last
It is important to be sure you’ve chosen a genuinely qualified plastic surgeon. Look for someone who is officially recognised as being a Specialist Plastic Surgeon rather than just a so-called ‘cosmetic doctor’. Why? There is often a huge difference in training and ongoing education for Plastic Surgeons vs other types of doctors who enter the cosmetic surgery field.
Plastic Surgeons are typically the most qualified and/or extensively tested in surgical skills for cosmetic, plastic surgery and reconstructive procedures. If not, you may end up surprised at how little experience your Surgeon actually has in your procedure.
If they’re not a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, they will not tend to have hospital operating and admitting rights. They’ll only be able to operate in their own day surgery centres or backroom clinic (not recommended).
What’s included in your Surgery Cost Quote?
Your surgery quote typically includes
- Surgeon Fee
- Anaesthetist Fee
- Assistant Fee (if Required)
- Hospital Theatre Fees
- Hospital Stay (Day Stay or overnight stay)
- Breast implants (if required)
- Additional Medication (if required)
- Garments and post Op Bandages (as required)
What to do with your Surgery Quote
- It’s best to review your surgery quote in detail – and to ask – what is actually covered in your cosmetic surgery quote
- Beware of low-cost pricing advertisements for cosmetic surgery – you may end up with extra out-of-pocket costs you weren’t expecting.
- Hidden expenses of non-inclusive quotes or price estimates mean you’ll pay extra for:
- recovery aids (if any available) and/or longer recovery times without Rapid Recovery support
- compression garments or special bras that are required for post-op care
- follow-up care visits
- hospital charges or operating facility fees (these should be included but advertised prices often leave this part of the cost out of the surgery price advertisement)
Discount shopping is NOT recommended for serious surgery procedures. ALL surgery is invasive, hence serious, as invasive surgery always carries risks. You will typically live with your surgery results for a lifetime. So it’s simply not worth skimping on the quality of your Surgeon or your surgery experience.
Find out what happened to patients who THOUGHT they had a reputable surgeon when they fell for discounted breast augmentation in Sydney – as patients discuss in the Four Corner’s report on outcomes from low-cost cosmetic surgery (discounted surgery deals & specials).
Finance and Payment Plans for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery
There are medical finance providers that offer Payment plans and funding to help you pay for plastic surgery like NOVA Medical Finance
Nova Medical Finance is New Zealand’s only specialist medical finance company and offers the flexibility of easy payment plans for your surgery. They offer some of the lowest personal loan rates available and understand the unique requirements of borrowing for medical purposes. Nova is run by doctors and other medical professionals. Because they are specialist medical financiers they also understand the need for discretion and sensitivity.
For more information call Nova Medical Finance toll-free on: 0800 NOVAMED (668263)
Want to learn more? Phone Dr Mark Gittos team today on (+64) 9 529 5352- we’re here to help.
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Herne Bay Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Herne Bay, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With worldwide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download and read the FREE Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress for examination
- Bring your medical referral and any relevant medical documents or test results
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee – $295+GST
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.