Plastic Surgery Prices and Costs for Dr Mark Gittos in Auckland New Zealand
Fees and Prices for plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery vary considerably across New Zealand.
Your Consultation Fee with Dr Gittos
The consultation fee for your appointment with Dr. Gittos is $260 incl GST for an online/virtual consultation or an in-person consultation.
The consultation fee is typically paid at the time of booking the appointment, by credit card.
How much does cosmetic & plastic surgery cost in Auckland New Zealand?
Average prices for cosmetic and reconstructive surgery vary depending on a range of factors
- Price of Plastic Surgery varies as it is dependent on hours of surgery required, experience and fees of your chosen surgeon, assistant and anaesthetist plus cost of the implant (if req)
- Costs can vary for plastic surgery as every patient has slightly different anatomy considerations and varying surgery needs
- A personalised and customised QUOTE and price range for plastic is available after a confidential consultation
- Please phone our patient co-ordinator to get an estimated price range for your desired surgery
Why do Cosmetic Surgery Prices Differ around NZ, Australia and Overseas?
Major price differences for plastic cosmetic surgery procedures often reflect the type of Doctor or Surgeon who is performing the operation – including their skills, expertise level and qualifications.
While significant price differences may be confusing to cosmetic surgery patients at first, these differences typically indicate the surgery is either:
- NOT inclusive of everything needed
- NOT being performed by an expert specialist plastic surgeon
- being performed using local anaesthetic methods in a backroom clinic, not a general anaesthetic in an accredited hospital or using cheaper quality implants that may not last
It is important to be sure you’ve chosen a genuinely qualified surgeon. Look for someone who is officially recognised as being a Specialist Plastic Surgeon rather than just a so-called ‘cosmetic doctor’. Why? There is often a huge difference in training and ongoing education for Plastic Surgeons vs other types of doctors who enter the cosmetic surgery field.
Plastic Surgeons are typically the most qualified and/or extensively tested in surgical skills for cosmetic, plastic surgery and reconstructive procedures. If not, you may end up surprised at how little experience your Surgeon actually has in your procedure. If they’re not a specialist Plastic Surgeon, they will not tend to have hospital operating and admitting rights. They’ll only be able to operate in their own day surgery centres or back room (not recommended).
What’s included in your Surgery Cost Quote?
Your surgery quote typically includes
- Surgeon Fee
- Anaesthetist Fee
- Assistant Fee (if Required)
- Hospital Theatre Fees
- Hospital Stay (Day Stay or overnight stay)
- Breast implants (if required)
- Additional Medication (if required)
- Garments and post Op Bandages (as required)
What to do with your Quote
- It’s best to review your quote in detail – and to ask – what is actually covered in your cosmetic surgery quote
- Beware low-cost pricing advertisements for cosmetic surgery – you may end up with extra out-of-pocket costs you weren’t expecting.
- Hidden expenses of non-inclusive quotes or price estimates mean you’ll pay extra for:
- recovery aids (if any available) and/or longer recovery times without Rapid Recovery support
- compression garments or special bras that are required for post-op care
- follow-up care visits
- hospital charges or operating facility fees (these should be included but advertised prices often leave this part of the cost out of the surgery price advertisement)
Discount shopping is NOT recommended for serious surgery procedures. ALL surgery is invasive, hence serious, as invasive surgery always carries risks.
You will typically live with your surgery results for a lifetime. So it’s simply not worth skimping on the quality of your Surgeon or your surgery experience.
Find out what happened to patients who THOUGHT they had a reputable surgeon when they fell for discounted breast augmentation in Sydney – as patients discuss in the Four Corner’s report on outcomes from low-cost cosmetic surgery (discounted specials).
How to pay for your plastic surgery with Dr Gittos
- Payment methods may include bank transfer, credit card or cash and surgery theatre dates must be secured with a partial payment
- Full payment will be required at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery theatre date
Finance and Payment Plans for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery
There are medical finance providers that offer Payment plans and funding to help you pay for plastic surgery like NOVA Medical Finance
Nova Medical Finance is New Zealand’s only specialist medical finance company and offers the flexibility of easy payment plans for your surgery. They offer some of the lowest personal loan rates available and understand the unique requirements of borrowing for medical purposes. Nova is run by doctors and other medical professionals. Because they are specialist medical financiers they also understand the need for discretion and sensitivity.
For more information call Nova Medical Finance toll-free on: 0800 NOVAMED (668263)
Want to learn more? Phone Dr Mark Gittos team today on (+64) 9 529 5352- we’re here to help.
About Our Top Auckland Plastic Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries. With world-wide expertise, Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for both men & women. He is also an expert at Skin and Hand Surgery, performing minor surgeries in his rooms.
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($260+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.