Plastic Surgery Prices and Costs around New Zealand
Fees and Prices for plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery vary considerably across New Zealand.
Download Dr Mark Gittos’ Ultimate Guide to Plastic Surgery Costs in New Zealand to find out the cost of your surgery
How much does cosmetic & plastic surgery cost in New Zealand?
Average prices for cosmetic and reconstructive surgery vary depending on a range of factors
- The Price of Plastic Surgery is dependent on the hours of surgery required, hospital fees, the fees of your chosen surgeon, assistant and anaesthetist plus cost of the breast implant (if req)
- Costs can vary for plastic surgery as every patient has slightly different anatomy considerations and varying surgery needs
- Different Surgeons and Doctors charge different fees based on their confidence, reputation, level of experience and skill.
- A personalised and customised QUOTE and price range for plastic is available after a confidential consultation
- Please call or email our patient coordinator to get a more accurate price range for your desired surgery
2022 Price Ranges for Plastic Surgery around New Zealand – Average Prices
Here is a rough estimate of what you can expect to pay for quality plastic surgery around New Zealand by a Plastic Surgeon. These price estimates are based on website searches, phone research and patient enquiry data.
Prices are for surgical procedures performed by an experienced New Zealand Plastic Surgeon in an accredited day surgery centre or hospital.
Prices for some minor surgeries performed as ‘In rooms’ procedures are usually cheaper than in hospital.
Anatomical Breast implants are more expensive than Round Breast Implants.
BREAST SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND – Breast Surgery Cost
- Breast Augmentation with Breast Implants Surgery $19k to 22k
- Breast Reduction Surgery $25k to 28k
- Breast Lift Surgery $24k to 28k
- Remove Breast Implants $24k to 28k
- Remove Implants with Breast Lift $24k to 28k
- Remove Implants with Fat Transfer to Breast $24k to 28k
- Remove & Replace Breast Implants $21k to $25k
- Male Breast Reduction / Gynecomastia $22k to 24k
- Breast Implant Revision Surgery $20k to 25k
BODY SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND – Body Contouring Cost NZ
- Full Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) $24k to 30k
- Arm lift Surgery for both arms $16k to 21k
- Thigh Lift & Lipo $25k to 35k
- Liposuction (dep on areas) $10k to 20k
- Labiaplasty $14k to16k
- Mummy makeover – Breast & TT Surgery combined $35k to 45k
- Mini TT (skin only) $20k to 23k
FACIAL SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND – Facial Plastic Surgery Cost NZ
- Upper Eyelif Lift / Blepharoplasty in rooms under Local Anaethesia – $9k-10k
- Upper Eyelid Lift / Blepharoplasty in a Hospital $14k to 18k
- Lower Eyelid Lift / Blepharoplasty in a Hospital $16k to 20k
- Necklift Surgery $28k to 32k
- SMAS Facelift & Necklift $29k to 35k
- Mini Facelift (lower facelift) $20k to 23k
- Otoplasty – Pinning 2 Ears in Hospital $10k to 16k
- Upper Lip Lift Surgery – $12k to $16k
NOSE SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND – Nose Cosmetic Surgery Cost NZ
HAND SURGERY PRICES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome $10k to12k
- Dupuytren’s Disease Surgery $9k to 17k
- Traumatic Hand Injuries $10k+
Why do Cosmetic Surgery Prices Differ around NZ, Australia and Overseas?
Major price differences for plastic cosmetic surgery procedures often reflect the type of Doctor or Surgeon who is performing the operation – including their skills, expertise level and qualifications.
While significant price differences may be confusing to cosmetic surgery patients at first, these differences typically indicate the surgery is either:
- NOT inclusive of everything needed – post-op care and longer-term aftercare
- NOT being performed by an expert specialist plastic surgeon
- Being performed using local anaesthetic methods in a backroom clinic, not a general anaesthetic in an accredited hospital or
- NOT using Motiva or Mentor quality breast implants – Using cheaper quality breast implants that may not last
It is important to be sure you’ve chosen a genuinely qualified plastic surgeon. Look for someone who is officially recognised as being a Specialist Plastic Surgeon rather than just a so-called ‘cosmetic doctor’. Why? There is often a huge difference in training and ongoing education for Plastic Surgeons vs other types of doctors who enter the cosmetic surgery field.
Plastic Surgeons are typically the most qualified and/or extensively tested in surgical skills for cosmetic, plastic surgery and reconstructive procedures. If not, you may end up surprised at how little experience your Surgeon actually has in your procedure.
If they’re not a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, they will not tend to have hospital operating and admitting rights. They’ll only be able to operate in their own day surgery centres or backroom clinic (not recommended).
What’s included in your Surgery Cost Quote?
Your surgery quote typically includes
- Surgeon Fee
- Anaesthetist Fee
- Assistant Fee (if Required)
- Hospital Theatre Fees
- Hospital Stay (Day Stay or overnight stay)
- Breast implants (if required)
- Additional Medication (if required)
- Garments and post Op Bandages (as required)
What to do with your Surgery Quote
- It’s best to review your surgery quote in detail – and to ask – what is actually covered in your cosmetic surgery quote
- Beware of low-cost pricing advertisements for cosmetic surgery – you may end up with extra out-of-pocket costs you weren’t expecting.
- Hidden expenses of non-inclusive quotes or price estimates mean you’ll pay extra for:
- recovery aids (if any available) and/or longer recovery times without Rapid Recovery support
- compression garments or special bras that are required for post-op care
- follow-up care visits
- hospital charges or operating facility fees (these should be included but advertised prices often leave this part of the cost out of the surgery price advertisement)
Discount shopping is NOT recommended for serious surgery procedures. ALL surgery is invasive, hence serious, as invasive surgery always carries risks. You will typically live with your surgery results for a lifetime. So it’s simply not worth skimping on the quality of your Surgeon or your surgery experience.
Find out what happened to patients who THOUGHT they had a reputable surgeon when they fell for discounted breast augmentation in Sydney – as patients discuss in the Four Corner’s report on outcomes from low-cost cosmetic surgery (discounted surgery deals & specials).
Finance and Payment Plans for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery
There are medical finance providers that offer Payment plans and funding to help you pay for plastic surgery like NOVA Medical Finance
Nova Medical Finance is New Zealand’s only specialist medical finance company and offers the flexibility of easy payment plans for your surgery. They offer some of the lowest personal loan rates available and understand the unique requirements of borrowing for medical purposes. Nova is run by doctors and other medical professionals. Because they are specialist medical financiers they also understand the need for discretion and sensitivity.
For more information call Nova Medical Finance toll-free on: 0800 NOVAMED (668263)
Want to learn more? Phone Dr Mark Gittos team today on (+64) 9 529 5352- we’re here to help.
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Herne Bay Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Herne Bay, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With worldwide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Please NOTE: Dr Gittos only performs surgery on non-smoker patients with a BMI less than 30. To check your BMI please visit the NZ Heart Foundation website. For help giving up smoking before surgery visit the Smoke Free website
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download and read the FREE Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress for examination
- Bring your medical referral and any relevant medical documents or test results
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee – $350 incl GST
Traveling for Surgery? – Consider post-surgery luxury recovery in a Hotel with LuxeCare
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.