Neck lift Surgery or Platysmaplasty in Auckland
This procedure is usually part of a facelift. However in some cases where the only complaint is looseness of the neck skin this procedure is designed to restore the youthful definition of your jaw line and enhance the neck contour. In this way we can effectively correct the signs of ageing and gravity – the core purpose is to restore your self-esteem and confidence.
The Neck Lift Surgery Procedure
Neck Lift surgery is performed under general anaesthetic and takes between one and two hours. It will probably involve an overnight stay in hospital. Less involved procedures, such as a Silhouette Neck Lift can usually be performed using local anaesthetic as an outpatient treatment. Incisions are carefully placed within the natural creases of the neck skin, behind the ears and under the hairline, and so are pretty well hidden.
Recovery After Neck Lift Surgery
The incisions will heel within about 10 days. At the conclusion of surgery we fit a facial support garment. This helps to alleviate swelling and reduce movement. You should keep your support on all the time for the first week of recovery.
Naturally there will be some discomfort for the first few days and your neck will probably feel a bit ‘tight’ for around 4 weeks. You can return to normal levels of activity after two weeks, but should avoid really strenuous activity and sport for six weeks.
About Our Top Auckland Plastic Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries. With world-wide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
NEXT STEPS for Neck Lift Surgery
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($200-$300)
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Request more information about the procedure – call or contact us
- Organise a phone call with Patient Care Advisor (FREE)
- Organise an Online or Skype call consultation with a Surgeon
- Speak with a past patient that has had the procedure – contact us
Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
Please contact us using this form to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.