Hand Surgery by Dr Mark Gittos – Plastic Surgeon in Auckland NZ
Broadly speaking Plastic Surgical Hand surgery may be considered in two groups: acute – emergency surgery or elective – arranged surgery.
Acute Hand Surgery: includes the repair of soft tissue wounds, burn management, abscess drainage, foreign body removal, fracture management, tendon-nerve-blood vessel repair. Typically done in Emergency Departments at Public Hospitals.
Elective Hand Surgery constitutes the bulk of our hand surgery activity and commonly includes
Carpal Tunnel Decompression
Dupuytrens Contracture Release
De Quervains Tendon Sheath Release
Finger Joint Stabilisation – Fusion Replacement
Tumour or Ganglion Removal
Dr Gittos has developed a wealth of knowledge, experience and skill in the complex field of hand surgery.
Working closely with hand therapists and other professionals, our aims are clear: to restore function and wherever possible, to enhance appearance as well.
Meet Our Top Hand Surgeon – Dr Mark Gittos Plastic Surgeon FRACS(Plast)
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic & reconstructive surgery results and is a highly experienced Surgeon having performed over 4000 complex Surgeries over 26 years.
NEXT STEPS for Hand Surgery
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download the Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Want more information before scheduling your consultation?
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with your Surgeon by paying the Consultation Fee ($260+GST)
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.