Hand Surgery by Dr Mark Gittos – Plastic Surgeon in Auckland New Zealand
Broadly speaking Plastic Surgery for the Hand or wrist may be considered in two groups: Elective which is surgery arranged in advance or Acute – emergency and trauma surgery
Elective Hand Surgery
Elective surgery makes up the bulk of our hand procedures in the clinic and commonly includes
- Carpal Tunnel Decompression
- Dupuytrens Contracture Release
- Trigger Finger Surgery
- De Quervains Tenosynovitis – Tendon Sheath Release
- Hand Tendon Repair – Tendon Grafting
- Hand Tumour or Ganglion Removal
- Nerve Compression Syndromes – Cubital Tunnel and Radial Tunnel Syndromes
- Finger Joint Stabilisation for Arthritis – Finger Joint Fusion and Finger Joint Replacement Surgery
Acute Hand Trauma Surgery:
- includes the repair of soft tissue wounds, burn management, abscess drainage, foreign body removal, fracture management, tendon-nerve-blood vessel repair.
- Acute Surgery is typically done in Emergency Departments at Public Hospitals.
Dr Gittos has developed a wealth of knowledge, experience and skill in the complex field of hand surgery.
Working closely with hand therapists and other professionals, our aims are clear: to restore function and wherever possible, to enhance appearance as well.
Medical References for Further reading
Why Choose Dr Mark Gittos – Auckland Plastic Surgeon?
With a wealth of surgical experience and training, Dr Gittos is dedicated to best-practice patient care and education, customising Hand Procedures for each and every patient to best meet their needs and desired surgical outcomes.
Finding the best Hand Surgeon in Auckland
For many men & women in New Zealand suffering from Hand pain – having a hand procedure is a life-changing experience. There are many qualified hand experts and plastic surgeons, but it is always best to find one who is experienced in hand procedures. Find an experienced surgeon who you feel comfortable with and have a look at their online reviews and patient testimonials to find out what their past patients say.
Dr Gittos has a current FRACS membership and significant hand surgery experience. You should consider these factors when searching for a top Hand Surgeon in NZ.