Motiva ® Breast Implants – highly recommended by Dr Mark Gittos Plastic Surgeon
Find out the different pros and cons of choosing Motiva breast implants over other implant brands.
Why should you choose Motiva Breast Implants over other Implant Brands?
Your desired cosmetic results, body type, skin elasticity, and preferences are just some of the things to consider when planning to undergo breast implant surgery. Aside from these, there’s another important thing to consider and that’s deciding on the type and brand of the breast implant that will work best for your anatomy and cosmetic goals. In many cases, your surgeon will recommend the latest implant breakthrough – Motiva’s silicone gel implants for your breast augmentation needs.
Download Dr Mark Gittos’ Guide to Cosmetic Breast Surgery
What are Motiva Breast Implants?
Motiva’s silicone gel implants are the latest breast implants available in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, and Asia. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and profiles to suit your aesthetic needs. Motiva breast implants are composed of silicone-based elastomer shells that are filled with silicone gel, which makes them more natural in appearance and feel. In 2016, Motiva’s silicone gel implants were approved for use in Australia and it became one of the fast-growing brands of breast implants. Many of the highest-rated plastic surgeons in the world use Motiva.
What are the Types of Motiva Breast Implants?
There are 2 types of Motiva breast implants – Motiva Round and Motiva Ergonomix
What makes Motiva Breast Implants Unique?
These features make this brand stand out among its competitors:
- Q Inside Safety Technology™: An FDA-cleared technology that allows health care providers to accurately and securely identify breast implants within your body by verifying a unique electronic serial number. This 12-mm chip has an unlimited lifespan and allows you and your surgeon to access information to your breast implants with peace of mind.
- Two outer shell surfaces: VelvetSurface (micro-textured implant) and SilkSurface (nanotextured implant) provide a smoother and more natural feel and are associated with a lower risk of breast implant-associated anaplastic large-cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL), a rare type of breast cancer. The SilkSurface also reduces the risk of breast infection by preventing bacterial growth around the implants. 
- Motiva IMplants comes in a variety of sizes, shapes, and profiles: Allows you and your surgeon to choose from a wide array of breast implants that will suit your body anatomy, desired aesthetic goals, and lifestyle.
What are the Advantages of Motiva Breast Implants?
Motiva breast implants offer the following advantages:
- Allows accurate and secure verification of breast implants via Q Inside Safety Technology™
- Makes implants more durable and allows easy insertion because of its TrueMonobloc shell design
- Offers a wide array of options with regards to consistency, thickness, and level of durability
- Offers lifetime warranty (check this wording)
- Provides high satisfaction rate with Motiva’s 30 years of experience in breast implant manufacturing
- Provides natural look and feel
- Reconstructs the breasts after surgical removal due to breast cancer – not necessary
- Reshapes and adds fullness to small breasts
- Restores fullness and volume to sagging breasts associated with breastfeeding
- They are available in several countries, including Australia, Sweden, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and other parts of Southeast Asia.
Are Motiva Breast Implants Safer?
Dr Gittos believes Motiva breast implants are safer to use because it has two outer shell surfaces and less risks: VelvetSurface (micro-textured implant) and SilkSurface (nanotextured implant). Several up-to-date clinical trials found that textured implants like Motiva breast implants were associated with significantly lower rates of capsular contracture and other complications compared to smooth surface implants. [2-3]
- A 2019 study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal found that SilkSurface Motiva implants demonstrated excellent safety and effectiveness in patients with primary breast augmentation through 6 years of follow-up. 
- A 2019 study also found that Motiva Ergonomix implants reduced the risk of anaplastic large-cell lymphoma, a rare type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, due to their innovative technology. 
- A 2018 study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal also reported that the rate of complications and reoperation was significantly lower with SilkSurface compared with VelvetSurface in patients who received implants 300 to 499 cc in volume. 
Finally, a 2018 study published in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery reported that Motiva Ergonomix implants provided reliable and satisfying results for both primary breast augmentation patients and surgeons. 
Want to know if Motiva breast implants will best suit your body type, cosmetic goals, and lifestyle? Send in an enquiry form below or call us today.
For more information about Motiva Breast Implants – Visit the Motiva Health Educational website
Further Reading – Medical References:
- Munhoz AM, Clemens MW, Nahabedian MY. Breast Implant Surfaces and Their Impact on Current Practices: Where We Are Now and Where Are We Going?. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2019;7(10):e2466. Published 2019 Oct 15. doi:10.1097/GOX.0000000000002466. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6846322/.
- Hakelius L., Ohlsen L. Tendency to capsular contracture around smooth and textured gel-filled silicone mammary implants: A five-year follow-up. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 1997;100:1566–1569. doi: 10.1097/00006534-199711000-00030. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9385973/.
- Asplund O., Gylbert L., Jurell G., Ward C. Textured or smooth implants for submuscular breast augmentation: A controlled study. Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 1996;97:1200–1206. doi: 10.1097/00006534-199605000-00015. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8628802/.
- Quirós MC, Bolaños MC, Fassero JJ. Six-Year Prospective Outcomes of Primary Breast Augmentation With Nano Surface Implants. Aesthet Surg J. 2019;39(5):495-508. doi:10.1093/asj/sjy196. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30423014/.
- Sforza M, Hammond DC, Botti G, et al. Expert Consensus on the Use of a New Bioengineered, Cell-Friendly, Smooth Surface Breast Implant. Aesthet Surg J. 2019;39(Suppl_3):S95-S102. doi:10.1093/asj/sjz054. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30958549/.
- Sforza M, Zaccheddu R, Alleruzzo A, et al. Preliminary 3-Year Evaluation of Experience With SilkSurface and VelvetSurface Motiva Silicone Breast Implants: A Single-Center Experience With 5813 Consecutive Breast Augmentation Cases. Aesthet Surg J. 2018;38(suppl_2):S62-S73. doi:10.1093/asj/sjx150. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29040364/.
- Huemer GM, Wenny R, Aitzetmüller MM, Duscher D. Motiva Ergonomix Round SilkSurface Silicone Breast Implants: Outcome Analysis of 100 Primary Breast Augmentations over 3 Years and Technical Considerations. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018;141(6):831e-842e. doi:10.1097/PRS.0000000000004367. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29794696/.
How to find a Breast Implant Surgeon in New Zealand
For many women in New Zealand, having breast implants is a life-changing experience. There are many qualified surgeons, but it is always best to find one who is experienced in breast augmentation procedures. Breast implants come in many different shapes and sizes, and there are various insertion techniques, so find a reputable practitioner who can give good advice on the right implants for you. Before considering breast implants, it is wise to find a surgeon who is also up to speed with new non-invasive techniques for boosting the breasts, so you can investigate all the options before deciding on permanent surgical implants. Always Look for an experienced surgeon that you feel comfortable with and get a second opinion.
Why choose Dr Mark Gittos?
Dr Gittos has a current FRACS membership and significant breast surgery experience. He has significant experience with using Motiva implants.
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Herne Bay Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Herne Bay, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With worldwide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Please NOTE: Dr Gittos only performs surgery on non-smoker patients with a BMI less than 30. To check your BMI please visit the NZ Heart Foundation website. For help giving up smoking before surgery visit the Smoke Free website
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download and read the FREE Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress for examination
- Bring your medical referral and any relevant medical documents or test results
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee – $325 incl GST
Traveling for Surgery? – Consider post-surgery luxury recovery in a Hotel with LuxeCare
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.