Finding The Best Plastic Surgeon in NZ for You
If you are looking for the best plastic surgeon in NZ you should know that this is exactly where you’ll find him, in NZ. We highly advise you not to go overseas or ‘price shop’ for something so important, long-lasting and highly visible as your plastic surgery. Find out how to take steps to avoid a botched surgery disaster and do your homework first. Do your research and you’ll find the BEST Plastic Surgeon for you. Find a surgeon that you feel comfortable with and always seek a second opinion.
We’ve already identified some of the candidates for BEST Plastic Surgeon to help narrow your search.
Who Are the Best Breast Surgeons In Auckland, New Zealand?
Here are five New Zealand Plastic Surgeons with significant experience and focus on Breast Surgery in NZ:
- Dr Janek Januszkiewicz
- Dr Mark Gittos
- Dr Stephen Mills
- Dr Meredith Simcock
- Dr Julian Lofts
Who are the Best Facelift & Nose Surgeons In Auckland, New Zealand?
- Dr Glenn Bartlett – Rhino
- Dr Mark Gittos- Facelift/ Upper Lower Blepharoplasties/ Rhino
- Dr Mike Klaassen- Face And Neck Lift
Who are some of the Best Plastic Surgeons in Australia?
If your family is already located in Australia, you may be looking at cosmetic surgery back in Australia. Here are some surgeons to consider.
- Dr Craig Rubinstein – Melbourne (Breast/Tummy)
- Dr Robert Drielsma – Sydney (Breast)
- Dr Mark Giannoutsos – Sydney
- Dr David Caminer – Sydney
- Dr Michael Miroshnik – Sydney (Breast)
- Dr Kourosh Tavakoli – Sydney (Breast)
- Dr Mark Doyle – Gold Coast / Brisbane QLD (Best Gold Coast Breast Surgery & Gold Coast Body Surgery)
- Dr Jeremy Hunt – Sydney
- Dr Scott Turner – Sydney
Who are some of the Best Plastic Surgeons in the World?
- Dr Professor Jim Frame UK
- Dr Manu Sood UK
- Dr Raj Ragoowansi UK
- Dr Patrick Maxwell
- Dr Eric Arnaud
- Dr Grant Stevens USA
6 Tips to help you find the right Plastic Surgeon for your surgery
1. Make a shortlist of your choices for Top Plastic Surgeons in New Zealand
- In selecting your surgeon, your first challenge is to develop a LIST of top plastic surgeon candidates
- Not all medical practitioners performing cosmetic surgery are plastic surgeons or even practitioners with formal surgery qualifications
- So where do you start?
2. Ask Your Friends which Plastic Surgeon they recommend for cosmetic surgery
- Many patients have been referred to us via ‘word of mouth’ from our satisfied patients
- We often see our patients for continuing treatment and further procedures which is a testament to our standards of care and our visible results
3. Ask Your Local Doctor or Reputable Private Hospital who they recommend (But still do your own homework)
- Your local Doctor and Hospitals can refer you to a specialist or certified plastic surgeon for your procedure
4. Always check your surgeon’s credentials before agreeing to surgery
- Before making any decision, you must check a surgeon’s qualifications, experience and credentials
- Credentials can’t guarantee a positive outcome but they may significantly reduce your risk if you’re choosing between a non-credentialed, less experienced surgeon and a bonafide Plastic Surgeon
This chart shows the difference in training and education of a Plastic Surgeon (versus an undertrained Cosmetic Doctor or so-called “Cosmetic Surgeon” in Australia)
5. Arrange an initial consultation to learn about what’s possible for you – and find a surgeon who makes you feel comfortable
- In your consultation, you need to be reassured, your questions need to be appropriately answered and your decision should be easily made whether it is to go ahead with the treatment or not
- Tell your potential surgeon your desired outcomes. Know what you want to achieve from your surgery and communicate this clearly with your surgeon. Your surgeon can discuss with you what is realistic in your individual case
- Ask your potential surgeon about the risks. No surgery is risk-free so you need to feel comfortable that your questions have been appropriately answered and any risks outlined. Avoid any surgeon that does not pay enough attention to risks
- At your consultation, you should ask all the questions necessary and your surgeon should answer all the questions you need. Most importantly, your surgeon should not rush you into a decision
6. Make an informed decision after researching your procedure and reading through plastic surgery guides
- Now you have all the information you need you once you understand the differences, you should be able to make an informed decision on choosing a Plastic Surgeon
- These plastic surgery guides contain important information you should be aware of before booking cosmetic surgery
Find the plastic surgeon that you respect, trust and really feel comfortable with.
Download Dr Mark Gittos’ Ultimate Guide to Plastic Surgery Costs in New Zealand to find out the cost of surgery
Finding a Cosmetic Surgeon in New Zealand
For many women in New Zealand, having cosmetic surgery is a life-changing experience. There are many qualified doctors, but it is always best to find one who is experienced in cosmetic surgery procedures. Breast implants come in many different shapes and sizes, and there are various insertion techniques, so find a reputable practitioner who can give good advice on the right implants for you.
Please avoid choosing a cheaper overseas cosmetic surgery option that lacks the ongoing support that a top New Zealand plastic surgeon will provide.
Always Look for an experienced local plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with and get a second opinion before surgery.
Further Reading about Plastic Surgery in NZ
About Dr Mark Gittos FRACS (Plast) – New Zealand Plastic Surgeon
Practice locations in Herne Bay Auckland, Northland and Bay of Plenty – Kerikeri, Whangarei, New Plymouth & Tauranga
Dr Mark Gittos is a leading Specialist Plastic Surgeon and operates a practice in Herne Bay, Auckland and in the UK. The practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical procedures, each designed to help restore, improve or change a physical characteristic or problem. The first step in every case is to talk through your personal requirements and explore all the options, before deciding on the most effective solution.
Dr Mark Gittos offers high quality, natural-looking cosmetic surgery results and is highly experienced in Breast, Body and Face Surgery having performed over 4000 Surgeries in the last 26 years. With worldwide expertise Dr Gittos is an expert in breast, face and body surgery for men & women.
Naturally, before any treatment is begun, we will explain clearly the advantages and risk factors; so that you have the information you need to make an informed decision that is best for you. Visit the practice to find out more.
Please NOTE: Dr Gittos only performs surgery on non-smoker patients with a BMI less than 30. To check your BMI please visit the NZ Heart Foundation website. For help giving up smoking before surgery visit the Smoke Free website
Do your Research
- Read the Website and Blogs relevant to your procedure
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions including how to choose a Surgeon for your procedure
- Download and read the FREE Guides to Surgery
What to Bring to your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative to help discuss the information and your choices
- Take lots of notes and read the documents provided thoroughly
- Dress in simple clothes as you may need to undress for examination
- Bring your medical referral and any relevant medical documents or test results
Book your Initial Surgery Consultation
- A Referral from your GP or specialist is helpful but NOT essential – you can have a consultation without a GP Referral
- Email us or Call on 09 529 5352 to arrange your surgeon consultation appointment.
- Book a consultation with Dr Gittos by paying the Consultation Fee – $350 incl GST
Traveling for Surgery? – Consider post-surgery luxury recovery in a Hotel with LuxeCare
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.